Coordinator, Office of the President
Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is the 31st member of the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. With a current enrollment of over 12,000 students, enrollment is projected to exceed 13,000 students in 2017, including both residential and commuter students. GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 850,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology.
Coordinator, Office of the President
Office of the President - 7010110
Cover Letter, Resume
The Coordinator in the Office of the President provides office management and coordination reporting to the Executive Assistant to the President. This individual is responsible for performing a variety of administrative duties and supporting daily operations of the Office of the President (OP.) This position frequently handles sensitive and/or highly confidential material; organizes, prioritize, and triages; is proactive and anticipates, and is a vital member of a team responding to internal and external demands.
- Work closely with the Administrative Assistant IV to manage daily operations of the OP.
- Maintain office files in accordance with best practices in document retention and destruction guidelines.
- Maintain and reconcile multiple budgets; prepares a monthly report for the budget managers.
- Handle all office invoices and payments by processing through - payment requests, purchase requisitions, foundation requests, and credit card payments.
- Handle travel related arrangements for the President and OP staff, including prior approvals, registration, airline reservations, car rentals, hotel reservations, etc.
- Prepare travel and expense reports for the President and OP staff for reimbursement.
- Plan and execute various activities or events involving several different constituencies for the President and OP staff members.
- Provide administrative support and assistance to the President and OP staff, including making appointments, scheduling meetings, maintaining calendars and email.
- Place, answer, screen, and direct telephone calls, providing information or referral as required.
- Prepare correspondence, presentations, charts and coordinate various activities or events involving several different constituencies for staff members. This includes handling of confidential information.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- High School or GED
- Five years progressively responsible experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- A high degree of facility with computers in a Windows environment; and advanced knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be self-motivated and detail oriented with excellent communication and organizational skills
- Must have the ability to respond to various audiences accurately and calmly
- Must be able to make decisions under pressure without immediate supervision
- Must be able to quickly assess needs and requirements of individuals entering the President's Suite
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position may require local travel. Position requires use of a PCard, therefore successful completion of a credit report may be a condition of employment. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.