Administrative Assistant I
Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is the 31st member of the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. With a current enrollment of over 12,000 students, enrollment is projected to exceed 13,000 students in 2017, including both residential and commuter students. GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 850,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology.
Administrative Assistant I
Public Safety - 7010320
Business & Finance
Cover Letter, Resume
The Administrative Assistant I performs routine administrative duties and provides staff support for the Office of Public Safety in the Parking Services unit.
- Process and track parking citations, fines and appeals
- Provide customer service to students, employees and visitors over the phone and face to face
- Issue parking permits and decals
- Compile data and maintain confidential information and records
- Assist Parking Services Student Assistants as needed
- Performs work under direct supervision. Handles basic issues and problems, and refers more complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- 1 year of previous Administrative Assistant or related office experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc)
- Ability to operate a desktop computer and use various software programs
- Effective listening, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to calm situations when dealing with upset individuals about parking fines
- Ability to multi-task
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Advanced clerical and organizational skills
- 2-3 years administrative assistant experience
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Position may periodically require non-traditional work hours (evenings and weekends)