Dean of Enrollment Management and LifeMap
Department: Enrollment Management & LifeMap
Locations: Boston, MA
Posted: May 16, '18
Ref No.: NUP
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College is the largest community college in Massachusetts, serving more than 14,000 students each semester across all modes of instruction. Ranked among the 25 fastest growing public two-year colleges in the United States, BHCC is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, MA, in nearby Chelsea, MA, and at three satellite locations within the Greater Boston area. BHCC is part of the Massachusetts public higher education system, which includes 15 community colleges.
BHCC offers 103 certificate and degree programs that prepare students to enter four-year institutions or to enter the workforce prepared for better and more highly skilled jobs. Sixty-seven percent of students are people of color and more than fifty percent are women.
Bunker Hill Community College BHCC is nationally recognized as a Leader College by Achieving the Dream and is one of four colleges awarded the National Gates Foundation Achieving the Dream Catalyst grant.
BHCC is a progressive institution guided by seven goals: to create pathways and partnerships to promote student success; to demonstrate strength through diversity; to develop and cultivate college-wide sustainability initiatives; to expand technology throughout the College; to foster wellness, growth and life-long learning; to identify and close workforce gaps; and to institute a culture of evidence and accountability. The College is committed to a learning community teaching/learning environment and, as an Achieving the Dream institution, is focused on data-driven student success.
Academic Career & Executive Search is pleased to assist Bunker Hill Community College in their search for a Dean of Enrollment Management and LifeMap. The College seeks a collaborative and experienced pioneering team leader to bring their proven record of accomplishment in admissions, enrollment and advising/retention to this role of overseeing all aspects of enrollment management and processing for the College. This is an opportunity to help shape the future and make a difference in student's lives.
The Dean of Enrollment Management and LifeMap is a critical role in the College leading, working and supporting numerous areas across campus including the offices of Admissions, Academic Records, Assessment, and LifeMap functions: Academic/Career Advising and Transfer Services. The successful candidate will have a depth of leadership experience in at least one of these areas and breathe of professional working experience in a multiple areas across enrollment management.
The Dean reports to the Associate Provost - Charlestown and serves as part of the College's Academic and Student Affairs leadership team.
- Provides direction, leadership, and professional development to the offices of Admissions, Academic Records, Assessment, and LifeMap functions: Academic/Career Advising and Transfer Services.
- Collaborates with other departments/divisions to carry out the philosophy of a student-centered institution within an integrated enrollment services environment
- Develops, implements and assesses a strategic enrollment management plan and goals in partnership with academic deans, division leaders and administration
- Utilizes enrollment and other relevant data for decision-making and planning
- Develops metrics and assessment methods to evaluate operations that drive continuous process improvement to optimize services to students and increase enrollment
- Develops and monitors annual budget
- Collaborates with the Office of Integrated Marketing & Communications to develop appropriate recruiting campaigns and admissions/recruitment materials
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with external community agencies, organizations, service area school districts to promote outreach and facilitate student enrollment
- Assesses, develops and recommends policies to appropriate deans, committees, or other entities related to enrollment management functions
- Master's degree required
- Minimum of six years leading enrollment management teams
- Ability to think critically, strategically, and creatively about the enrollment management process
- Experience in the development and implementation of enrollment goals; proven success with enrollment and retention strategies
- Demonstrates a leadership commitment to a student-centered environment
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Experience with Student Information and CRM Systems, knowledge of Colleague and Hobsons preferred
- Proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population
- Demonstrated success in leading teams to reach established goals; and experience with data reporting and analysis for enrollment management decision-making
- Doctorate degree
- Collective bargaining experience - highly desirable
Review Date: To Ensure Consideration, Application Materials Must Be Received By May 31, 2018.
You may apply directly at: https://acesrch.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a21esjyij5eu. If you have any questions, you may contact Jennifer Muller at 860-740-2600 or Jennifer@acesrch.com.
Living in Boston:
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America with twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offering exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, museums, galleries and an extensive network of parks and outdoor recreational areas. Unemployment consistently tracks lower than the national average and job growth in 2014 and 2015 were ahead of projections. Eighty-plus colleges and a quarter of a million college students in the area make Boston one of the country's "youngest major metropolis," according to Boston magazine. Suburbs outside of Boston offer affordable housing options with easy access to public transportation.