BSE/MSE Integrated Program 2018
Biomedical Engineering - Cockrell School of Engineering - The University of Texas at Austin
Location: Austin, Texas
Open: May 15, 2018 • Close: Jun 18, 2018
The objective of the BSBME/MSE 5-year integrated program is to enable prepared undergraduates in Biomedical Engineering to earn two degrees in a shortened time period. Through offering an early-entry point for qualified seniors and allowing seniors to enroll in graduate-level engineering courses reserved for graduate credit, the program enables graduates to complete both degree requirements within five years.
- UT Austin Biomedical Engineering students in their third year currently enrolled in junior-level BME classes
- Must be on track to finish BSBME degree requirements in 4 years or less.
- Must have no more than 18 semester credit hours (5 classes) remaining in BSBME degree and other majors, minors, and certificates.
- Must be able to take 2 graduate courses per semester in fourth year (12 semester credit hours).
- Must be able to take 3 graduate courses per semester in fifth year (18 semester credit hours).
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in upper-division BME and engineering classes.
- Minimum 3.0 UT Overall Grade Point Average
Juniors interested in participating in the Biomedical Engineering BSE/MSE Integrated 5 Year Program must complete this application by the posted application deadline. This includes uploading a Resume, Unofficial Transcript, and Personal Statement in PDF formats. Applicants must provide the names of 2 letter writers who will provide a letter of recommendation for their application.
APPLICATION GUIDE: https://utexas.box.com/v/bmebsemseapp
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 11:59pm Eastern Time / 10:59pm Central Time on Monday, June 18, 2018
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Interfolio application will automatically close at 11:59pm Eastern Time / 10:59pm Central Time on June 18. In the past, the application service has experienced technical difficulties during the last hour due to high volume of submissions. We strongly encourage you to try and submit your application several hours before the application closes to avoid this, because we are not able to resolve this if we don't receive your application due to technical issues with the site in the last hour.
Direct application questions to Margo Cousins at email@example.com
The University of Texas at Austin, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.