Nursing Care Tech/On-Call/ED
The Nursing Care Technician in the ED is a member of the team who is responsible for patient care, patient satisfaction and clinical outcomes. The NCT performs the duties for which they are trained, including providing
comfort measures for the patient and notifying the RN when any change in the patient's condition occurs.
Nursing Care Tech/On-Call/ED
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Have one or more of the following:
1. Kentucky Registered SRNA, for ED- KY Registered SRNA or EMT
2.RN nursing student who has completed first fundamental course and a clinical
3. Military Medic
The essential functions for this position include the ability to lift, carry, push,
and pull 50-100 pounds occasionally and 25-50 pounds frequently; as well as
stand, walk and sit for long periods of time. The conditions of work may involve
exposure to communicable diseases, hazards of radiation, and injury from
intractable patients or sharp instruments.
Hours are variable between days, evenings, nights with some weekend and holiday requirements. Preferred candidates will be able to work a variety of shifts.
This position requires the ability to do orientation of up to 40 hours per week on any shift for the first 3-4 weeks of employment This position
will also require that the employee float as needed between UK Chandler ED and Good Samaritan ED.
Previous experience as a nursing care tech strongly preferred.
Good communication skills, dependability
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Previous experience as a NCT preferred, or completion of Fundamentals of Nursing Class/Clinical. Must be able to attend orientation classes as well as unit orientations
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate the number of paid years' experience you have as a nursing care technician, State Registered Nursing Assistant (SRNA), EMT, Military Medic, or Cardiac Monitor Technician, in which you were directly responsible for patient care in a hospital.
- More than 0, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * This position requires that you work days, evenings, and/or night shift including some weekends and holidays. Are you able to meet the requirements of this position?
- * Do you have one of the following options: 1.) RN Nursing student who has completed the first clinical nursing course (class and clinical) of nursing school or 2.) A valid, current Kentucky State Registered Nursing Certificate (SRNA) or 3.) Experience as a military medic or 4.) active LPN license or 5.) Acquired Nursing Care Technician (NCT) competencies through continuous employment in a NCT role at University of Kentucky or 6.) for Emergency Department positions ONLY- Emergency Medical Technician Certificate (EMT)?
- * Are you currently employed as a Nursing Care Technician at UK HealthCare Chandler or Samaritan Hospitals?
- University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter