Position Number 999044
Position Classification Title Business Officer
Functional Title Business Manager
Position Type Staff
The primary purpose of this position is to manage the budget, accounting, billing, recruitment, timekeeping and all central business office functions for the entire Facilities Operations department as well as supervise assigned staff. It is also responsible for management of the Facilities Operations Customer Service Center which is the service access portal for the entire campus for all services provided by Facilities Operations. These services include maintenance, grounds maintenance, custodial services, signage, utility/energy management, surplus property management, and recycling/waste management. The budget is approximately $20 million from multiple funding sources for a 240 FTE department that serves the entire campus.
Key duties and responsibilities:
• Manage all Facilities Operations budget functions
• Manage the Facilities Operations Customer Service Center (CSC)
•Supervise assigned staff
• Manage the departmental-level personnel functions
• Manage insurance coverage and the request, prioritization, and receiving process for new Facilities Operations vehicles and equipment
Benefits include but are not limited to:
• Health Insurance - NC State Health Plan (NC Smart Choice)
• Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, FSAs and more (NC Flex)
• Retirement (Teachers' and State Employees' Retirement System and Optional Retirement Program)
• Employee Assistance Program
• Vacation, Sick, Community Service, FMLA leave
• Longevity pay
• Eligible to become a member of the State Employees Credit Union
• Employee Award Programs
• Employee Wellness Resources
• and more
BACHELOR'S DEGREE IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION, OR RELATED BUSINESS AREA; OR EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE. ALL DEGREES MUST BE RECEIVED FROM APPROPRIATELY ACCREDITED INSTITUTIONS.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting
• Financial/budget management experience for a similar organization including budget analysis and reporting
• Three years or more of experience supervising full-time permanent employees
• Experience defining, creating, and documenting business processes
• Experience and aptitude with software used in financial management/accounting
• Experience with timekeeping and payroll systems
• Experience with computerized maintenance management systems
• Valid driver's license
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please submit resume and cover letter with application. Those selected for an interview will be asked to provide a list of references at the time of their interview.
Recruitment Range $57,281-$63,646
Org #-Department Facilities Operations - 56404
Work Hours of Position 8:00AM-5:00PM, M-F
Job Family Administrative and Managerial
Competency Level Journey
Open Date 05/15/2018
Close Date 05/30/2018
Job Close Date
Salary Grade Equivalency 73
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Greensboro News & Record
- Carolina Peacemaker
- Other Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other Professional Journal
- UNC System Job Board
- Other Online Job Board
- Personal Networking
- * If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have previous budgeting experience, if so how many years and please explain in detail.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have at least one (1) year of directly related supervisory experience?
- No Response
- * Do you have experience with computerized maintenance management systems?
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu