Administrative Support Associate
Requisition Number S1514
Position Number 998911
Position Classification Title Administrative Support Assc
Functional Title Administrative Support Associate
Position Type Staff
The Office of Campus Activities and Programs is seeking a qualified candidate to consider for an Administrative Support Associate position.
Primary responsibilities and duties include:
- Manages the front desk reception area and CAP Office
- Greets and provides information to students and visitors
- Assists CAP staff with major and campus-wide traditional events such as Rawkin Welcome Week, Fall Fest, Homecoming, Luminaries, Fraternal Leadership Institute, Winterfest, Greek Week, Excellence Banquet, Relaxation days, summer programming and other programs
- Assists with CAP programs such as Minerva's Mid-days and UNCG weekends
- Works with confidential and sensitive information
- Reviews Banner for grades and assists with Fraternity and Sorority Life Grade Report and Student Group Head Officer Grade Report
- Handles and receives confidential information about student and student group conduct
- Explains services and refers to appropriate resources
- Interprets and explains policy/guidelines and provides information as needed
- Attends meetings and takes minutes
- Serves as backup for time entry
- Serves as backup for P-card reconciliation
- Provides student with accurate information about student group recognition
- Schedules room reservations
- Manages the student group storage/cubicle space
- Orders catering for meetings and events
- Serves as HR Liaison
- Sorts mail and assists student groups with mail services
- Checks visitors into the office and sends satisfaction survey to them
- Oversees FAQ list
- Serves as CAP Liaison for EUC Building Occupants meetings
- Maintains files
- Creates confidential reports, generates rosters, and assists with events using Spartan Connect
- Interprets FERPA policy to work with confidential reports
- Collects data from the website, social media sites, Spartan Connect, and Web Focus
- Creates spreadsheets in Excel
- Inputs data entry
- Manages CAPSO email account
- Manages Star-Fish calendar for CAP staff
- Uses Word, Excel and Google docs
- Compiles reports for CAP staff
- Reviews and processes student group recognition paperwork
- Compiles and documents contracts for events and logs them into Excel spreadsheet
- Assists with training head officers of student groups how to use the event contract in Spartan Connect
- Compiles letters for registration of new student groups
- Oversees gift/donor report and sends out thank you letters
- Responds to email inquiries and explains policies and provide information as necessary
- Assists with reimbursements and receipts
HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR EQUIVALENCY; OR DEMONSTRATED POSSESSION OF THE COMPETENCIES NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE WORK.
Associate's Degree or two year college equivalent and one to two years related experience.
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must complete and submit an electronic application for employment to be considered. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing an electronic application. The application must be completed in full detail for your qualifications to be considered.
Applicants are required to upload the following documents with their electronic application:
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Applicants are required to upload a list of references of at least three (3) professional references that includes:
- Company Name
- Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
- Email Address
- Contact Phone Number
Applications are not successfully submitted until an online confirmation number has been received at the end of the application process.
Recruitment Range $29,749 - $33,000
Org #-Department Campus Activities and Programs - 44807
Work Hours of Position 40
Job Family Administrative and Managerial
Competency Level Journey
Open Date 05/17/2018
Close Date 05/31/2018
Job Close Date
Salary Grade Equivalency 59
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Writing Sample(s)
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship?
- * Have you graduated from high school or received a GED?
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Greensboro News & Record
- Carolina Peacemaker
- Other Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other Professional Journal
- UNC System Job Board
- Other Online Job Board
- Personal Networking
- If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu