American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
- Develops and/or verifies data (title II reports, teacher education file), DESE Reporting from Live Text. Prepare required and requested reports as assigned by the Dean or Associate Dean
- Develops and/or verifies data (title II reports, teacher education file)Data Management: Maintain accurate and current data using LiveText, Excel, and other systems. Provide both aggregated and disaggregated data in a timely manner.Analyze and synthesize data to support faculty and the assessment committee in program decisions and accreditation requirements.
- Conducts workshops to train faculty and staff with LiveText.
- Conducts surveys and analyses in conjunction with various accrediting bodies associated with the School of Education.
- Communicates complex assessment data in clear, actionable ways to program leadership.
- Supports the assessment work conducted by faculty in all programs.
- Provides support and guidance to department Administration and other employees to help conceptualize, design, administer, analyze, and present results of quantitative and qualitative assessment.
- Serve as key administrator of LiveText, responsible for building and launching all assessments and forms.
- Ensure all required data is collected from faculty and students each semester. Provide on-going professional development and training to faculty, staff, and students on the use of LiveText Responsible for compiling all needed LiveText reports.
- Keep up-to-date on new features and best practices in LiveText.Serve on SOE Assessment Committee. Work with Dean to plan and present for Assessment Day
- Attend assessment and accreditation related meetings and conferences as assigned by Dean.
- Perform other duties as assigned by dean or accreditation agency.
- Required Degree(s): Minimum Masters Education, Educational Testing or Higher Education
- Preferred Degree(s): Doctorate preferred
- Required Field of Expertise: Data Analysis, Program Assessment in Higher Education, Education or closely related field; Experience presenting to and training large groups, small groups, and individuals how to use assessment technologies; Experience in design of assessments, rubrics, learning outcomes for teachers and education; Data mining - analyze data (qualitative/quantitative and formative/summative) from varying perspectives, summarize it, and turn it into useful information.
- Preferred Field of Expertise: Extensive experience with LiveText, Blackboard, and within a university or college setting is strongly desired.
- Required Training/Cert: Experience in Higher Education, Data Management, Data Base Construction, Web Development
- Preferred Training/Cert: Expertise in Live Text, Excel, SPSS, Program Assessment, Data Collection, SPSS and Database Management
- Successful applicant must be able to manage multiple data bases (Live Text SPSS, SAS), complete program tracking, collect and analyze program data.
- Strong data collection and analytic skills, expertise in program evaluation, and knowledge of accreditation agencies, such as the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) to help the University build and maintain a strong data infrastructure to support data-informed decision making.
- This position will work closely with the Dean and Program Directors, internal and external constituents faculty, and support staff to identify data needs, organize and facilitate data collection activities, analyze data, and present data in a manner useful and effective in supporting of continuous program improvement. Exemplary communication and presentation skills; experience interacting with all levels of administration, faculty, and outside parties from diverse groups both in person and remotely; and superior skills in writing reports with appropriate context to ensure understanding amongst audiences of varying familiarity with data and analytic techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and coordinate the work activities of cross-functional teams. Data mining - analyze data (qualitative/quantitative and formative/summative) from varying perspectives, summarize it, and turn it into useful information; Demonstrated experience in learning outcomes assessment in higher education; demonstrated ability to produce data in a clear and understandable manner meeting user requirements.
- Proven ability to take a leadership role on projects and with faculty, staff, and students.
This is a full-time, exempt, benefited position. Normal office hours are 8:30 am - 4:30 pm, flexible to the needs of the department.
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application.
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.