The Research Nurse will oversee the clinical operations of the FAVoR and other research projects. Responsibilities include but are not limited to participating in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating new investigator-initiated and cooperative group clinical studies. The incumbent will coordinate the recruitment and management of clinical study patients according to study protocol criteria in compliance with IRB regulations, and assisting the principle investigators in the design and development of protocols.
· Responsible for IRB protocol amendments, protocol deviations, safety reports, and serious adverse events in compliance with the University of Miami guidelines and all applicable regulatory and federal regulations.
· Responsible for initial and annual reviews to the Institutional Review Board (IRB), including maintaining current consent forms and all related sponsor correspondence.
. Train and manage Research Assistants hired to support clinical trials.
· Assesses and properly document the patient’s compliance and response to protocol treatment.
· Screen patients/patient records to identify potential trial candidates and notify the treatment physician and clinical faculty/staff.
· Plans, implements and performs clinical research activities. Able to promote the delivery of quality patient care and good clinical practice as it relates to clinical research and research participants.
· Organizes and implements various clinical research projects with care and accuracy.
· Monitors the care and protection of patients in research studies.
· Conducts research needs assessments and uses results to construct a strategic plan to further the clinical research projects.
· Screen and recruits subjects to clinical studies. Reviews and assesses data for clinical studies.
· Participates in performance improvement activities, quality improvements and patient safety activities.
· Assists in maintaining compliance accreditation and other internal and external regulatory standards including good clinical practice within the clinical research activities.
· Others duties as assigned Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:•Knowledge of quality improvement and evidence based practice in the care of multicultural populations
•Knowledge and experience in patient safety initiatives in the management of clinical populations as required by regulatory bodies
•Enthusiastic and willing to reach out and recruit patients for clinical research studies; this requires excellent interpersonal skills, tact, and ability to articulate scientific principles in lay terms.
•Strong organizational and leadership skills, follow-through and demonstrated ability to multi-task and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
•Strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills. Education Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in nursing, Master degree preferred.
Work Experience Requirements:
•Licensure, Registered Nurse, State of Florida
•Certified provider in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS)-Professional level
· Minimum of 5 years nursing experience (some critical care experience preferred)
· Five (5) years of progressive related experience. Equivalent combinations of education/experience may be considered.
Apply online. Position #P100030078
The University of Miami is home to some of the brightest minds in the world. We are committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Come join us!]]>