P.A.S.S Camp Staff (50005)
The University of Denver has a proud athletic tradition that compliments the school's academic endeavors. In its history, DU has won 28 national championships and enables student-athletes to compete on 17 Division 1 teams. The Pioneers pursue championships, excel academically, and represent both the University and their respective conferences to the best of their abilities.
This posting will serve the following open positions:
- Camp Coach
- Specialty Coach
- Front Desk
The Summer P.A.S.S. Camp Staff is responsible for implementing fun filled games and activities for campers ages 5-11 while ensuring the safety of all participants in our facility.
The job responsibilities include the following:
- Provide excellent customer service to program participants and parents.
- Ability to plan and execute structured lesson plans for campers ages 5-11.
- Ability to encourage participation through age appropriate skills and instruction.
- Ability to evaluate camper progress and help their development.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and training sessions.
- Respond to participant questions and comments.
- Provide excellent customer service to all Ritchie Center guests.
- Maintain a general knowledge of youth programs.
- Additional duties as assigned.
This is a non-benefited position not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to effectively work in the department.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Strong time management skills.
- Customer service oriented.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- General sports knowledge.
- Ability to move about the Ritchie Center while transporting equipment or objects up to 50 pounds.
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- High School diploma or GED
- Current or previous CPR/AED/First Aid certification, or ability to become certified within 30 days of hire.
- Experience working with children ages 5-11
- High School diploma & some college experience
- American Red Cross CPR/AED/First Aid certification
- Three months
- Monday - Friday, between the hours of 7 a.m. - 6 p.m. Exact work schedule to be determined with supervisor.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Resume or application
NOTE: The online system is limited to uploading 10 files. Please combine content if necessary to get all content uploaded.