Administrative Assistant - College of Music & The Arts (S629)
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
Provide administrative support for the Associate Dean of Undergraduate Studies, School of Music
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience.
- Four - six years of secretarial experience, preferably in higher education.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
Assistant to the Associate Dean for Undergraduate Studies - duties to include but not limited to:
- Provide administrative support for new program research, development and implementation.
- Assist with School of Music promotion and recruitment.
- Coordinate undergraduate program assessment (APU, WASC, NASM) with Associate Dean and Department Chairs.
- Assist with oversight of the Music Library.
- Assist in maintaining the Faculty Editor on School of Music Website.
- Reconciler of the Associate Dean's APU credit card monthly report.
- Process hire paperwork of student workers in Kronos as needed.
- Assist the Department Chairs in maintaining the Undergraduate Class Schedules: Prepare and maintain class schedule calendar and room reservation postings. Liaison with Undergraduate Registrars to update changes in classes and faculty assignments.
- Assist in updating of the Undergraduate Catalog.
- Maintain music building daily classroom schedules (rooms, instructors, chamber ensembles etc. and post notifications).
- Process contracts, travel arrangements (airfare, hotel, car rental etc.) for visiting guest artists.
- Keep daily schedule: phones, appointments, correspondence for Associate Dean and other duties as assigned.
- Create contracts for all Adjunct Faculty and Independent Contractors.
- Tracking of payment/unit loads for School of Music for Adjunct Faculty, and independent Contractors for annual NASM reports.
- Process new hire paperwork for Adjuncts and Independent Contractors.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.Azusa Pacific University is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.