Executive Assistant to the President
Florida’s only public university exclusively teaching science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) is looking for exceptional candidates to serve as the Executive Assistant to the President.
Florida Polytechnic University opened its doors in 2014 to educate the next generation of high-tech business leaders in the STEM fields. The University emphasizes project-based learning and grounds its classes in real-world application. It was granted regional accreditation in 2017 by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Florida Poly’s innovative approach to higher education allows students to learn strong fundamentals within a traditional university department structure, while giving them opportunities to apply their learning through research and projects in emerging high-tech concentrations like Cyber Security, Big Data Analytics, Machine Intelligence and more.
Lakeland, home to Florida Polytechnic University’s modern campus, is located along the I-4 High Tech Corridor halfway between Tampa and Orlando. Our central Florida community combines small-town comfort with big-city culture. Florida’s High Tech Corridor is home to 11,000 high-tech businesses, and Polk County alone has more than 600,000 residents, four universities and one state college. Lakeland is just a 45-minute drive from Walt Disney World, Universal Studios, professional sports teams, and thriving performing arts centers.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Provides executive level support to the President, and President’s staff, and functionally reports to the Director, Office of the President & Board Operations. Individual will be responsible for a variety of administrative duties that require an extensive working knowledge of Florida Polytechnic University. Serves as liaison between President, staff members, and internal and external contacts. This position has minimal supervision, with instructions generally being communicated verbally or written.
· Provide executive level support to the President. Maintain President’s extensive calendar and manage travel for the President and other senior staff as appropriate.
· Answer questions and direct internal and external inquiries. Attend meetings and participate as needed by the President. Work with University Cabinet, staff, and faculty to ensure smooth coordination and communications on a variety of issues.
· Responsible for dealing with a diverse group of external as well as internal contacts, including government officials, business leaders, press, Board of Trustees, Board of Governors, SUS University Presidents, and other distinguished and vital offices. Coordinate meetings ensuring smooth communications and follow up. Serve as liaison between Office of the President and other University operations, handling problems and complaints presented by students, parents, donors, elected officials, and other organizations.
· Receive and review incoming and outgoing correspondence, mail, email and telephone calls and refer to appropriate office or individual as needed. Organize and maintain call lists and follow-up on all tasks, projects, requests, and questions that need approval from the President.
· Assist the President in the preparation and compiling of information and documents for reports and presentations. Prepare memorandums, letters, and correspondence for the President.
· Responsible for establishing and maintaining official documents and records in appropriate files for the President.
· Serve as back up to Administrative Assistant with purchasing requirements for assigned area, researching items and obtaining price quotes, submitting requisitions for purchase orders, maintaining expense card information, and reconciling purchases.
· Provides general support to the Director, Office of the President and Board Operations, which may include assistance with Presidential Ambassadors program, Board of Trustees operations, and other Presidential events.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Ability to effectively manage a senior executive office operation
· Ability to communicate professionally and effectively, orally and in writing, with all constituencies; excellent interpersonal skills and leadership qualities
· Ability to establish and meet deadlines; balance multiple responsibilities; work without daily direct supervision, quickly and under pressure
· Ability to handle high level and sensitive confidential information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality
· Ability to respond quickly to changing priorities and emerging situations while maintaining professionalism and approachability
· Excellent prioritization, typing and grammatical skills and telephone etiquette
· Advanced proficiency with various Microsoft Office software required
· A proven record in working successfully with diverse populations
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, plus 5 years relevant experience, (or) Associate’s degree, plus 7 years of relevant experience.
· 5 years of experience as an executive assistant to a Vice President or C-level executive.
· At least Intermediate level experience with personal computers, specifically the utilization of all Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and Adobe Professional products.
· Executive-level support in higher education environment.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF LAW:
o Must possess a valid driver’s license.
o This position requires a criminal background check.
o This position is subject to federal and state privacy regulations.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: This position is salary exempt. The normal work schedule is Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., however, occasional overtime (weekends and evenings) may be required.
TARGET HIRING SALARY: $55,390 - $57,000 annually, commensurate with experience.
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: The position is open until filled.