Assistant Women's Soccer Coach (Part-time) - Athletics Dept
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
The Assistant Women's Soccer Coach will assist head coach in day-to-day operations with the program, including but not limited to coaching, player development, recruiting, scouting, academic support and general operations with NCAA rules.
- Bachelor's Degree required - Master's Degree preferred
- Successful previous coaching, playing, and/or teaching experience
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Physical development of the team
- Organizational motivation of the team
- Teach and develop sport specific skills. Teach in a classroom environment the basic tenants of the sport's game plan and skills needed to execute the game plan. Organize and lead meetings involving personnel.
- Recruiting responsibilities include; evaluation and identification of good fit prospective student athletes by evaluation of skill and academic performance; contact and communication with PSA's and families; coordination of official and unnoficial visits; cultivation of relationships with high school coaches, and aiding in major recruiting efforts.
- Facilitate comunication between APU and perspective student athletes in completing all necessary admissions, financial aid, and NCAA compliance items.
- Comprehend and operate by standards set forth in the NCAA and APU Manuals.
- Ensure education and enforcement of NCAA rules as they relate to documentation and input of information in JumpForward and the NCAA Institutional Request List (IRL).
- Coordinate discipleship and mentoring of student-athletes.
- Attend required department meetings and NCAA rules presentations.
- Coordinate team travel arrangements within the guidelines set forth by the department, institution, ad NCAA.
- Assist in scheduling for NCAA contests, scrimmages, and exhibitions.
- Assist head coach in fundraising, alumni relations, community outreach and ministry opportunities.
- Supervise equipment in the following areas: annual procurement, inventory, distribution, collection.
- Develop coaching strategies to enhance the athletic performance of student-athletes in the classroom and in the sport.
- Planning and education of student-athletes in techniques, skills and theory of the sport.
- Responsible for developing scouting reports and evaluations of opponents.
- Planning of practice sessions and competitive coaching situations.
- Ensure student compliance with rules regarding behavior and appearance.
- Coordinate the conditioning and training of team members in conjunction with athletic trainers and team physicians.
- Work cooperatively with university coaches, staff, and faculty and community members.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.Azusa Pacific University is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.