Part-Time, 12-month Classified Position
20 hours weekly (Monday – Friday)
12:45 p.m. – 4:45 p.m.
EMAIL: [email protected]
Description of Position
Under the direction of the Chief Accounting Officer, the Account Clerk performs a variety of cashiering and clerical duties. Reconciliation and maintenance of accounting records, support documents and financial and statistical reports within clearly established accounting systems and procedures. Incumbents in the Account Clerk classification perform routine accounting clerical duties of average difficulty within a structured system. This position is assigned to the Visalia Campus.
• Gather, assemble, sort, tabulate, check and file a variety of financial and statistical data...
• Process a variety of documents involved in financial transactions, such as requisitions and warrants, according to established procedures.
• Receive money for student fees, bus passes, Pharos, student services, cards and tickets to various events; prepare receipts and maintain records of receipts.
• Type and verify a variety of materials, such as checks, invoices, purchase order and warrants; distribute grant checks and payroll checks as required.
• Post, balance and adjust accounts; correct irregularities as necessary; assure that all data entered or posted is accurate and complete.
• Assemble financial and statistical data for various reports from files and records; assist in the preparation of financial and statistical reports as required.
• Maintain a variety of records, documents and files.
• Operate a variety of office machines including calculators, computers and typewriters; operate a cash register as needed for financial transactions.
• Clear cash registers as assigned; count and verify monies and prepare bank deposits.
• Perform various clerical duties, such as receiving and sorting incoming mail, and other materials, and filing.
Education and Experience:
Any combination equivalent to:
• Graduation from high school and
• One year of accounting clerical experience involving payroll, financial or statistical record-keeping.
• Utilize the District's integrated software in performing the required duties of the position.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
• Office environment.
• Constant interruptions.
• Ability to communicate with students/employees/public.
• Ability to inspect financial documents.
• Ability to sit and stand for extended period of time
• Ability to lift light objects.
• Ability to operate a computer and office equipment.
Conditions of Employment
• Salary is at Range 22 ($15.75 hourly)
Initial placement on step AA
• Salary increase after 6 months of satisfactory service; increases annually thereafter.
• Minimum 5% increase if promoted.
• 10-working months probationary period.
• Union membership upon employment.
• PERS Retirement
Applicants must submit the following materials which must be received by Human Resource Services on or before the application deadline,
May 29, 2018 at 4:30 p.m.
• Completed COS classified application form.
• Letter of Interest which addressing your interest in this position and the representative duties
Human Resource Services
College of the Sequoias CCD
915 S. Mooney Blvd. Sequoia Building, Room 5
Visalia, CA 93277