Under the supervision of the Assistant Extension Administrator for Agricultural Communications, Conferencing and Technology, the successful candidate will provide leadership for communicating the impacts of our extension work with our federal and state partners and stakeholders. Additionally, the candidate will coordinate FVSU's outreach efforts in reaching non-traditional audiences.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates with program specialists/agents in providing non-formal education and learning activities to meet the needs of the Hispanic and Underserved community.
- Provides information about Extension programs to Spanish-speaking audiences.
- Conduct needs assessment on Hispanic concerns at the community, county and state levels.
- Provides educational opportunies to Extension Staff and Volunteers about Hispanic culture, and Extension program.
- Planning workshops and making public presentations related to educational programs for Hispanics.
- Provides program support for adult and youth programs, including 4H.
- Produces written and/or audio-visual educational materials.
- Edits, writes and translates articles and press releases aimed at documenting Land Grant news and information to our Spanish speaking clientele.
- Master's Degree, five years' experience in working with Hispanic audiences
- Occasional overnight and weekend travel required
- Occasional night and weekend hours.
- Occasional working outdoors with research scientists in research fields
- Mostly climate controlled environment
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website. https://www.applicantpro.com/j/798197-163871