Sr Personnel Technician (Benefits Dept)
Job ID 5744; SATSS; Full-Time (Hourly)
Performs a variety of complex to advanced administrative tasks within the Benefits/Wellness department involving discretion and moderate amounts of independent judgment related to the oversight of the daily operations of the benefits office
- Monitors and reviews operations of unit; ensures smooth work flow; ensures work product meets professional standards.
- Serves as informational resource to staff; regarding benefits, investigates and resolves problems or difficulties related to area of expertise; providing routine and non-routine information.
- Perform various financial and budgetary tasks including preparing and monitoring budgets, prepare fiscal reports, or reconciling and processing payments; may maintain inventory of supplies.
- Maintain and process employee benefit records, gathers and analyzes statistical information; writes and prepares reports.
- Oversees student employees; enforcing policies and procedures; establishes schedules and reviews performance; has functional guidance of staff.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information.
Requires eighteen months of coursework or training beyond high school in Business Administration and three years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and expertise. Ability to maintain confidential information required.
The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to [email protected] or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.