Assistant Clinical Professor
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Department of Pediatrics - Section of Nutrition
Assistant Clinical Professor
Position #  - Requisition # 
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding.
The Department of Pediatrics, Section of Nutrition has an opening for an Assistant Clinical Professor. This position will provide clinical care within a pediatric obesity clinical program.
Examples of Work Performed:
Clinical Care Duties:
- Assess, evaluate, and treat overweight and obese pediatric patients
- Order labs, x-rays, and other relevant tests as per accepted clinical guidelines
- Utilize results of clinical assessments to make informed decisions regarding treatment plans
- Provide ongoing treatment for patients and families including collaboration with multidisciplinary team(s) to provide continuity of care
- Care coordination with Primary Care providers, as well as with multidisciplinary team members (dietitians, psychologists, medical providers) and subspecialty clinics including Metabolic Syndrome, Hypertension, Sleep Clinic, Liver and Lipid Clinics
- Complete follow-ups as needed with patients and other care providers regarding results, treatment plans, etc
- Provide clinical care services at Children's Hospital Colorado Main Campus and Network of Care facilities across the Denver metro area
- Attend monthly clinic and faculty meetings
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
- MD/DO (or equivalent)
- Board Certified in Pediatrics or Board Eligible Pediatric Medical Provider
- Minimum of two years' previous pediatric experience
Condition of Employment
- Must successfully pass a drug test through Children's Hospital Colorado
- Must be willing and able to pass a national criminal and sex offender background check
- Must be licensed or able to obtain licensure in the State of Colorado
- Prior experience with electronic medical record systems including Epic
- Experience working within interdisciplinary teams
- Prior experience with Pediatric Obesity/Nutrition
- Prior experience with health behavior change concepts
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to collaborate with other physicians, physician assistants, and nurses to form a high performing medical team
- Knowledge of academic medical institutions
- Ability to work within cross-cultural and cross-populations
- Ability to obtain thorough history, perform complete physical examinations, order/interpret labs, growth, and other tests to develop treatment plans
- Strong knowledge of clinical examination methodologies and diagnostics
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Required Application Materials: When applying at www.cu.edu/cu-careers, applicants must include: 1. A cover letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV or resume 3. The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and email addresses for three professional references. Questions should be directed to Megan Fink at [email protected]
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references. Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20876 - SOM-PEDS Nutrition-SalSvr
Posting Date: May 15, 2018
Closing Date: May 20, 2018, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Megan Fink
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00745924