Administrative Assistant III
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
College of Engineering and Applied Science
Department of Bioengineering - Assistive Technology Partners
Administrative Assistant III
Position #746419 - Requisition 13629
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
As Colorado's only public urban research university, the University of Colorado Denver educates a diverse student body through quality academics, ambitious research and creative work, and civic engagement in the city we call home. CU Denver educates more than 15,000 undergraduate and graduate students, and with easy access to the state's cultural, business and civic hub, our students benefit from immersive classroom and real-world experiences, supplemented by unparalleled internship and networking opportunities. As the most diverse research university in Colorado, our campus attracts top students and offers over more than 100 highly rated degree programs through eight schools and colleges, as well as more than 30 online degree programs. Home to over 40 research centers and institutes, CU Denver receives more than $25 million in sponsored research awards annually, allowing us to generate knowledge and create solutions to society's most complex problems. Read CU Denver Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus seeks an Administrative Assistant III to work in the Assistive Technology Partners to support the SWAAAC and Assistive Technology Program of Colorado as well as the clinic located on the Denver Campus in Denver. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding.
Assistive Technology Partners is a program within the Department of Bioengineering, College of Engineering and Applied Science, University of Colorado. Our mission is to empower individuals with disabilities to achieve their highest potential through the use of assistive technology, by providing exemplary clinical services, consultation, education, research and innovative technology development. This full-time University Staff (non-classified) position will work at both 1201 and 1224 5th Street, on the Auraria Campus Downtown. The Administrative Assistant III will be responsible for providing administrative and program support to the faculty, staff and project leaders of Assistive Technology Partners SWAAAC and Colorado Assistive Technology Programs and will often serve as the first point of contact for visitors and guests of the department.
Examples of Work Performed for the Program:
- Supporting all aspects of the SWAAAC assistive technology (AT) loan library including daily circulation, inventory management, generating waitlist reports, satisfaction surveys, troubleshooting devices and arranging for repairs when indicated. This includes maintaining library database and survey spreadsheets
- Conducting needs assessment to determine current and future AT needs and assisting with budgeting and allocation; assisting with purchase of new AT equipment, and entering items into inventory.
- Creating, distributing and analyzing surveys for program purposes including satisfaction, quality improvement, program planning, and outcome measurement.
- Developing and maintaining strategic email listservs and working collaboratively with the team to maintain the program's social media presence.
- Developing and managing online event registrations, maintaining active data base of attendees, processing and tracking payment information including invoicing, providing receipts, and online payment transactions.
- Assisting with the development and distribution of program marketing and instructional materials including event announcements, brochures, web posts, guidebooks, newsletters, and social media posts.
- Assisting with the coordination of statewide meetings and events, monthly web conferences, open labs and annual conference event. This includes utilizing online university systems to reserve space/rooms and services.
- Compiling and analyzing data to generate reports and membership directory.
- Maintaining office equipment and shared office space such as kitchen, classroom, and clinic rooms; ensuring supplies are sufficiently stocked.
- Regularly interacting with program customers, collaborators, stake-holders, and patrons to ensure high quality support, services and satisfaction.
- Assisting with front desk receptionist duties and clinic administration such as greeting and registering patients; scheduling clients; and assisting with clinic billing according to established protocols, and providing customer assistance to individuals with disabilities who may need help.
This position will work Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Duties will be split 55% supporting SWAAAC and 45% supporting the clinic and main office. This position will be required to maintain strict confidentiality under HIPPA guidelines and treat staff, physicians, patients and visitors with respect. Professionalism in dress and behavior is essential.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring range for this position has been established at $41,496 to $43,500 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
3 years of general clerical experience.
Substitution: College or university course work appropriate to the work assignment, may substitute on a year for year basis for the experience.
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Word to develop, edit and update documents.
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Excel to create, revise, and maintain spreadsheets.
- Experience utilizing MS Outlook; including utilizing electronic mail and calendars to schedule meetings, appointments, and conferences.
- Experience creating marketing materials including newsletters, brochures, and program fliers.
- Experience providing administrative assistance to faculty, staff and students within a higher education program and/or medical practice environment.
- Familiarity with Google and iOS environments including Mobile Device Management.
- Strong written communication skills including editing for spelling, typographical, and grammatical errors.
- Knowledge of general office procedures, protocol and professionalism; expert knowledge of Business English, spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, adapt to changing priorities, manage time and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment, develop interpersonal relationships, provide superior customer service, and communicate verbally and in writing.
- Proven knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, Email, and social media.
- Proven data entry skills with ability to input information accurately; prepare and maintain detailed records, files, and reports on an ongoing basis.
- Solid ability to coordinate technical presentations including hardware set up.
- Solid knowledge of database management with the ability to query reports, utilize data, and convert programs.
- Solid ability to work with accuracy and attention to detail and solid knowledge of money handling and mathematics.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Judith Delatorre at Judith.Delatorre@ucdenver.edu
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Application deadline is May 23, 2018
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30214 - ENGR-Bioengineering
Posting Date: May 15, 2018
Closing Date: May 23, 2018, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Judith Delatorre
Posting Contact Email: Judith.Delatorre@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00746419