University of Colorado Denver
CU South Denver location
Position #746426 - Requisition 13626
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The CU South Denver location has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Facilities Manager position.
University of Colorado South Denver is leading the way in offering market responsive educational programming in the fast-growing South Denver metro area. Designed for the community, CU South Denver enriches the lives and minds of ambitious achievers through applied learning experiences, educational activities and high-quality curriculum. CU South Denver is the University of Colorado's only location providing programming and expertise from all four CU campuses (Anschutz Medical Campus, Boulder, Denver and Colorado Springs). CU South Denver's facility includes technology-equipped classrooms, an art and natural history museum, event rental spaces and a world-class catering department. CU South Denver also aligns with business industries and community leaders to develop talent for workforce success. Located one mile east of I-25 along Lincoln Ave. in Lone Tree.
The Facilities Manager reports directly to the Director of Finance and Administration, and is charged with strategic and interpretative management decisions, and direction for Maintenance and Operations services at the CU South Denver Building, including the day-to-day building maintenance operations, and facility planned maintenance. This position provides direction and leadership to subordinate supervisors, trades lead workers and staff to ensure effective and efficient operation of building systems and utility distribution within the facility. This position ensures compliance with operational guidelines while achieving institutional objectives. This position is responsible for contractor management and ensuring environmental and permit compliance within the city, state and university hierarchies. This position requires a high level professional with customer service skill, and the willingness to be flexible, and to excel in a growing academic, and events and catering environment.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Oversees planned maintenance of all facility inventory at the CU South Denver Building, oversees and conducts repair, maintenance, and quality control.
- Ensures that all construction, maintenance, and repair work complies with Building Codes, the Campus Construction Standards, and other applicable industry standards.
- Responsible for facility Life Safety Systems, and ensures fire code compliance, and regular facility inspections.
- Coordinates work and scheduled tasks for HVAC Techs, Electricians, Locksmiths, Carpenters, etc., as needed.
- Oversees housekeeping vendor and ensures interior and exterior building cleanliness and in-house plant maintenance and watering;
- Oversees contracted landscaping and snow removal.
- Supervises facility maintenance staff, which includes managing performance by developing performance plans and conducting evaluations; assigning and monitoring workflow; overseeing assignments to facilitate correct and timely completion; resolving employee relations issues; and determining priorities, goals and objectives for building operations team.
- Ensures maintenance support for events, activities and academic programs occurring at CU South Denver (set-up, clean-up, appropriate furniture needs, building access, limited construction needs, etc.).
- Negotiates and manages contracts assigned to South Denver Facilities Unit.
- Fiscal responsibilities include the delegated responsibility to properly manage and account for a building operation fund, which includes ensuring appropriate expenditures as authorized and within budget, primarily through the use of a procurement card or providing permission for spending authority to the appropriate university entity by authorizing the use of a building operations speed type;
- Supports emergency preparedness preparation, training and implementation of emergency action plan if/when needed and in collaboration with other key personnel.
- Proactively reports any concerns regarding security, safety, and facility needs to the appropriate personnel;
- Ensures emergency facility coverage at all times.
- Provides recommendations for physical space planning, supports ongoing and one-time projects including planning, design and construction management for large-scale renovations or projects;
- Facilitates the ordering and/or replacement of furniture, telephones, b-jacks, plants and rented plants, and ensures the completion of minor building repairs (e.g. repair dings and dents on doors, patch and paint vacant offices, etc.) and routine maintenance (e.g. clean common area furniture upholstery, carpet cleaning, etc.) throughout the building;
- Maintains detailed inventory of facility, records, and planned maintenance;
- Reports staff projects and program maintenance status to management on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
- Assumes authority of other assigned duties as required by the Director of Finance and Administration or Vice Chancellor CU South Denver.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary for this position is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience.
This position is not eligible for overtime compensation
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in planning, business administration, public administration, facilities management, construction management or related field.
- Direct experience managing and negotiating facilities contracts.
- At least one year supervisory experience.
Progressively responsible experience in a complex academic or other large multi-functional type environment with oversight of facilities management and/or planning functions may be substituted year-for-year for the bachelor's degree.
- A master's degree from an accredited college or university in planning, business administration, public administration, facilities management, construction management or related field.
- Experience working within higher education.
- Journeyman's license in related fields.
- Building Automation Systems [Long Automation]
- Lighting Systems [Unison Lighting Controls]
- Job Ticketing and Inventory planned Maintenance Systems [IBM Maximo]
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: CU South Denver Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by June 15, 2018. Those who do not apply by June 15th may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Facilities/Labor,Trades & Crafts
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 60138 - ADM-VCSD Deputy Controller
Posting Date: May 15, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: CU South Denver Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00746426