Transfer and Data Specialist
Lynn University is an independent, innovative college based in warm, sunny Boca Raton, Florida. We're consistently recognized by The Chronicle of Higher Education as a "Great College to Work For" in such areas as compensation and benefits; work/life balance; job satisfaction; and respect and appreciation.
Our nearly 3,000 students hail from approximately 100 countries and nearly all 50 states, making Lynn one of the top five most international schools for our size. Our campus is a melting pot of cultures and beliefs, and we pride ourselves on our ability to embrace new ideas.
As a Lynn employee, you'll be free to think differently. You'll enjoy on-campus events and workshops that aim to reduce stress and celebrate community. And most importantly, you'll be doing your part to build a better future.
Lynn is currently accepting applications for the position of Transfer and Data Specialist. In accordance with the Office of the Registrar's mission statement, this position must apply, interpret, and maintain university policy and ensure the accuracy and confidentiality of student records. This person must work with faculty, staff, students and prospective students in all areas of transfer credit and data maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Computer skills in word and excel
- Prepare transfer evaluations and program sheet for all prospective transfer students within 24 hours.
- Work closely with the Office of Admission
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Annual update of all program sheets for all majors
- Transfer credit equivalencies
- Work closely with the Office of Academic Affairs to create new equivalencies
- Maintain all equivalencies for AP, Clep, IB and A-level courses
- Approve and enter all course approvals for current Lynn students who wish to take courses at another institution
- Manage the College Board TES software with all current transfer equivalencies
- Meet with students about any and all transfer evaluation questions/concerns
- Enter all approved transfer credits into the Jenzabar System
- Maintain articulation agreements and ensure they are current
- Evaluate and correct content in Perceptive Content (imaging system)
- Identify data issues and brainstorm solutions
- Coordinate and maintain data clean-up requests
- Serve as customer service back-up for the Office of the Registrar
- Skilled in telephone etiquette and courteous communication to all constituents, verbally and in writing
- Capable of maintaining a collected, professional approach at all times, and able to demonstrate strong problem solving skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Focused and strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of standard office policies and procedures
- Ability to work both as a group and independently
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree from a four- year college or university
Accreditation and equal opportunity
Lynn University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy or parenting status, veteran status, retirement status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431; via email at [email protected]; by phone at +1 561-237-7727 or to the U.S. Dept. of Education OCR.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees. Contact the SACSCOC at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2016 Lynn University 08/16.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling +1 561-237-7639.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Clery Act, the University annually provides a report to each student and current employee, as well as to prospective employees and students, that provides a detailed disclosure of information regarding campus security practices (including Emergency Response Plan, Timely Warnings, Emergency Warnings, Missing Persons, fire safety policies, fire prevention data, and Crime Log policies), as well as crime and fire-related incident statistics for the preceding year. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at lynn.edu/securityreport
For your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.