Program Coordinator for Psychiatry and Neuroscience
8AM - 5PM
$44,200 - $65,700
As the Program Coordinator for Psychiatry and Neuroscience which includes: Psychiatry, Neurology, Neurosurgery, and Pain Management, provides executive level coordination and support to the Chair of Psychiatry and Neuroscience, clinical professors/physicians, and when needed, other high-level management. Provides programmatic and administrative support on a wide range of issues, projects, programs, academics and on matters of importance to the school of medicine. Have thorough understanding of the priorities and expectations of senior leadership and take these into account in the coordination of activities. Manage all aspects of the chair's business. Strategize and advise in university communications, meetings, campus and community events, etc. regarding the leader's role as it applies to each situation. Staff relevant SOM committees and work groups: develop and distribute agendas, attend meetings, record highlights, track action items and initiate follow-up as necessary. Maintain electronic and hard copy filing systems for easy retrieval. Initiate policies and procedures within the office to achieve maximum efficiency. Serves as the continuing medical education (CME) program coordinator, providing overall coordination of CME activities for physicians. In collaboration with the chair, develops and implements formal CME courses/grand rounds/Journal Club/outreach activities, and initiates/generates/participates in the conference coordination process from development to completion assuming responsibility for all logistical conference details, materials, announcements, on-site support, and evaluation tools. Liaisons with community organizations vital to UCR Psychiatry/Neuroscience and structures the sponsorship agreements when applicable. Is expected to attend such sponsored events as the department liaison.
Ability to use discretion and maintain all confidentiality.
Ability to use sound judgment in responding to issues and concerns.
Solid organizational skills and ability to multi-task with demanding timeframes.
Solid communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, both verbally and in writing.
Demonstrated extensive and progressive experience providing high-level executive, and analytical support with the ability to multi-task and prioritize independently.
Knowledge of the complex process of Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME).
Demonstrated knowledge and ability to utilize various software applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Internet Explorer with a high degree of accuracy and speed.
Demonstrated ability to determine and locate relevant and reliable sources for the collection of information and data.
Demonstrated experience managing a heavily impacted schedule, with the understanding that a clinical environment is flexible and daily work schedules are fluid.
Working knowledge of common organization-specific and other computer application programs.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview