Technology Support Specialist - Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning ( A1800300 )
Technology Support Specialist
Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign has an opening for a Technology Support Specialist in the Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning (CITL). The Technology Support Specialist is responsible for assisting instructors using the CITL supported classrooms, assisting with associated research, creating online self-help resources, and running the Classroom Assistant support program. This position is a 100% full-time, benefit's eligible Academic Professional position. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train and support faculty in the use of teaching technologies including Compass, i>clicker, Collaborate and other CITL
- Consult with faculty on the effective use of technology for teaching in online, blended, and face-to-face learning
- Attend course planning meetings as needed and provide follow-up support for teaching technologies.
- Design, develop and deliver faculty training and workshops on teaching technologies.
- Develop and revise online resources including tutorials, technical documentation, and related web content.
- Responsible for cross training, and providing back up for, other Information Support staff.
- Provide troubleshooting, and in-room classroom technology support as needed.
- Assist with programs, trainings, research and events in Armory Innovation Spaces as needed.
- Work closely with Tech Services staff to accomplish seamless support of shared campus services.
- Publish and manage calendar of events, registration, room reservations, and associated details of teaching technology
- Oversee the Classroom Assistant program supplying evening support for synchronous classes using Collaborate.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience working in a faculty support role in higher education.
- Prior experience with Blackboard or other Learning Management System.
- Demonstrated experience in developing educational, web-based materials.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following areas: digital media production with Adobe Creative Suite, software training experience, technical documentation, providing training workshops.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong communication skills and ability to function in a team environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong time-management skills including the ability to meet deadlines in a timely fashion.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Prior teaching, training or mentoring experience.
- Prior experience supporting teaching technologies.
- Expertise of accessibility standards and regulations.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following areas: instructional design, computer lab support, classroom support, web conferencing training, student response systems.
Application: To ensure full consideration application materials must be received by June 5, 2018. Interviews may begin prior to the close of the search however a hiring decision will not be made until after June 5, 2018. Start date is as soon as possible. All candidates must create a candidate profile through https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a letter of interest, resume, and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three professional references. For further information regarding application procedure, contact Jennifer Steiling at [email protected]
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. In addition to the required background check, proof of degree(s) and/or any required certifications will be required upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Office of the Provost
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Technology Support Specialist - Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning ( A1800300 )
Open Date: 05/15/2018
Close Date: 06/05/2018
Organization Name: Center Innov in Teach Learn