Manager, Campus Reporting Solutions
Salary: $84,500 - $105,000
Title: Manager, Campus Reporting Solutions
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Enterprise Info Systems
Date Posted: 05/15/2018
Position Information: The Manager for Campus Reporting Solutions is a hands-on manager for a small team of reporting analysts responsible for campus-wide reporting solutions such as Cognos and Tableau. The Manager will provide direction and management to a team of reporting analysts; review the work assigned to staff during all phases of project work; perform report building types of tasks to assist staff in completion of assigned work; consider end user training for new functionality; adhere to quality assurance requirements for complex reporting solutions; and ensure work meets organizational Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
Minimum Requirements: Ability to analyze information, think conceptually and formulate effective solutions.
Advanced interpersonal skills to collaborate with clinical and technical professionals and business leaders.
Demonstrated ability to supervise professional staff, assign work and manage competing priorities.
Demonstrated ability to work effectively with senior management on operational and policy issues.
Proficient in all MS Office applications, BI/database applications and reporting tools.
Ability to deliver presentations to large and/or diverse audiences.
Ability to train staff.
Strong knowledge of business intelligence principles, concepts and methodologies.
Strong written and verbal communications skills. Ability to convey technical information in a clear, concise manner.
Preferred Qualifications: Advanced knowledge of database management systems and secure software development.
Critical thinking, persuasion/negotiation, conflict resolution, mentoring and staff development, leadership/management, problem solving, human resources policies and procedures relating to management responsibilities.
Requires knowledge of applications programming function, organizational effectiveness and health and safety (ergonomics, stress).
Current knowledge of the University of California, Riverside working environment.
Current knowledge of Information Technology Solutions organizational environment.
Knowledge of human resources practices and policies. Ability to monitor, address and document personnel and performance issues.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview