Salary: $60,100 - $74,650
Title: Financial Analyst
Category: Management and Professional
Department: C&C Associate Vice Chancellor
Date Posted: 05/15/2018
Position Information: Under general supervision from the Chief Financial and Administrative Officer (CFAO), this position will serve as one of two financial/budget analysts within the Information Technology Solutions (ITS) organization. The Analyst is independently responsible for performing fiscal and budgetary analysis as well as project management support for ITS. This position is responsible for the monthly reconciliation of ITS operating and special project funds as well as forecasting/projecting future operating expenses, preparing monthly financial statements, and preparing ad-hoc financial reports and models for the CFAO, Chief Information Officer (CIO) and other senior campus leadership. This position will manage the fiscal closing process and serve as one of two Systems Access Administrators for ITS. The Analyst will work with the CFAO to improve processes, efficiencies, productivity, and internal controls as appropriate. In addition, at the direction of the CFAO, will work with central campus administrative offices (e.g. Resource Planning and Budget, R'Shared Service Center, Accounting, Accounts Payable, Purchasing, Physical Plant, etc.).
Minimum Requirements: Ability to function as a member of a team.
Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
Proven ability to use spreadsheet and database software for complex financial analysis, fiscal management and financial reports.
Proven interpersonal skills with peers throughout the organization; service orientation; critical thinking; attention to detail; ability to multi-task in a high volume environment, organizational skills.
Has ability to independently gather required information, organize, and perform financial analysis assignments.
Ability to present information in a clear and concise manner both in writing and verbally.
Preferred Qualifications: Thorough knowledge of finance policies, practices and systems.
Thorough knowledge and understanding of internal control practices and their impact on protecting University resources.
Demonstrated experience with Information Technology budget and financial management.
Demonstrated experience with budget and financial management in a higher education environment.
Demonstrated experience with UCR financial applications (UCRFS, UCRFS Totals, Superdope, HRDW, eBuy, iTravel, etc.)
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview