Instructional Support Analyst
Salary: $53,700 - $79,800
Title: Instructional Support Analyst
Category: Management and Professional
Department: SOM Finance & Administration
Date Posted: 05/15/2018
Position Information: Under the general direction of the Chief Technology Officer, the Instructional Support Analyst is responsible for all medical education technology and support. The Instructional Support Analyst provides audio/video, clinical skills, learning management system (Blackboard), simulation and general information technology (IT) support to the school of medicine faculty, students and staff. This position is responsible for on-demand classroom/lab/special event technology support installed in classrooms, lecture hall, and problem based learning rooms. This position provides a high level of customer service; actively works to troubleshoot complex problems related to desktop hardware, classroom technology, and software. This position provides technical assistance in the support of inter-networking systems, multimedia, and videoconferencing in addition to providing extensive specialized training for clinical skills training and simulation support. Please be advised that the full annualized salary range for this position is $53,700 to $105,900; however due to budgetary reasons, the pay for this position will not exceed the mid-point of the pay scale which is $79,800.
Minimum Requirements: Knowledge of intellectual property (IP) restrictions and skill to ensure that media meets IP requirements.
Demonstrated ability to work with others from diverse backgrounds. Thorough customer service and consultative skills to identify and implement required technology solutions.
Thorough understanding of media production methods and equipment and ability to use this information to troubleshoot the most complex systems.
Ability to assess campus or institutional needs for AV IT technology products and design services to meet those needs.
Knowledge of computer, media, and networking technology.
Skills to determine priorities based on knowledge of work area. Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a team. Demonstrates problem solving skills.
Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
Thorough understanding of post-production processes including internet-based media distribution solutions.
Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines.
Preferred Qualifications: Familiarity with instructional support systems such as EMS, Blackboard, and Panopto.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview