Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 05-15-2018
This position serves as Academic Advisor in the School of Communication, assisting students with academic, career, and professional guidance and other responsibilities as assigned.
Teach Communication courses as assigned by the Director.
1. Master's Degree
2. Professional experience in university level instruction
3. Comfortable speaking to large audiences
4. Demonstrated interest in providing support to students, including developmental academic advising and career counseling
5. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Master's degree in Communication
2. Working knowledge of student advising systems
3. Prior experience in higher education setting
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.