Learning & Development Associate
Job Description Summary:
I. JOB OVERVIEW
Workplace Learning & Development (WLD) is a professional development resource to GW staff in the schools and divisions. WLD's vision is to help GW be recognized as an employer of choice who attracts and retains the right talent by being known for helping people reach their full potential.
The Learning & Development Associate will consult with clients to determine learning needs and solutions. S/he will develop and implement professional development programs and facilitate professional development sessions.
This position is responsible for determining learning needs; performing instructional design for In-person, Web-based, and blended learning solutions; and designing effective and efficient end-user materials that support the learning and cultural needs of the University.
In addition, this position will support administration of the Learning and Performance Management Systems (Cornerstone).
Design creative solutions which include a blended approach to learning using both in-person and web-based learning methods.
Facilitate in-class training sessions, including New Employee Orientation (NEO), Leadership Development programs, and ongoing learning classes to groups of all staff employment levels.
Analyze data and support measurement processes for Learning and Development classes and curricula.
Prepare instructional materials, job aids, handouts and visual learning resources.
Develop training evaluations, documentation and record keeping via the Learning Management System and Google Forms database to track successes in efforts to continually improve the overall training experience.
Support the administration of talent management modules within the Cornerstone Talent Management Suite.
Capture and analyze learning coursework evaluations and feedback for continuous learning improvement.
Performs other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus 3 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Master's degree or higher in a relevant area of study plus 1 year of relevant professional experience. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
- 2+ years of progressive professional experience in Learning and Development and/or Training, teaching, curriculum design, and facilitating is required.
- 2+ years of experience with adult learning concepts, classroom and e-learning (WBT) platforms and practices: Instructional design theory and methods with various instructional methods and delivery options, measurement and evaluation theory and methods.
- 2+ years experience supporting a Talent Management system, including LMS (Learning Management System) and Performance modules.
- Ability to design e-learning courses, career plans, workshops and more while maintaining budgets and relationships with vendors and consultants.
- Ability to function as a member of an educational team, collaborate with Workplace Learning and Development team, Human Resources, key stakeholders and GW staff.
- Outstanding verbal, written, multi-tasking, organizational, and presentation skills; excellent facilitation skills.
- Independent learner who is quick with new technologies, methods and work styles.
- Ability to work independently and deliver results with clear deadlines.
- Confidence in working in a constantly evolving environment.
- Experience working in higher education.
- OD (Organizational Development) experience, a plus.
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C. College/School/Department: Human Resources Family Human Resources Sub-Family Talent Development Stream Individual Contributor Level Level 2 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40+ Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants:
Employer will not sponsor for employment Visa statusInternal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S007202 Job Open Date: 05/09/2018 Job Close Date: 05/22/2018 If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you currently employed at George Washington University?
- * Do you meet the minimum Qualifications?
- * What is your desired salary range?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter