Admission - INFORMATION SYSTEMS MANAGER
Vacancy ID S2293 Job Title INFORMATION SYSTEMS MANAGER Department Admission School/Parent Organization Admission Division Enrollment Management Division Employment Category Fulltime-Regular Anticipated start date 07/16/2018 If temporary, expected end date Hours per week 37.5 Weeks Per Year 52.2 Normal Start Time 8:30 AM Normal End Time 5:00 PM Position/Job Summary
Provide strategic leadership and management of the information systems, reporting, data and technology needs within the Office of Admission. Collaborate with the Division of Enrollment Management and the Office of Information Technology in the development of a robust enrollment suite that informs strategic and data driven student-centered decision making.
Manage the on-going system activities associated with undergraduate and graduate student recruitment, admission application review, and enrollment processes to include analyzing current and recommending improved business processes, administering the College's Electronic Content Management and Workflow components of the enrollment process, and coordinating the sharing of data with third-party vendors to facilitate and enhance student outreach.
1. Lead a team of professional staff in the provision of student-centered, high quality, comprehensive reporting and data-related functions in support of student enrollment.
2. Initiate and recommend enhancements to the Admission information systems. Research and coordinate the development of systems for the electronic transfer of data, with specific applications to admission inquiry and application.
3. Attain and maintain an expertise in the use of the Admission portion of the Ellucian Banner Information Systems database; develop and maintain documentation of systems policies, procedures, and standards. Monitor and test patch/version releases of Banner software to assist and guide implementation decisions. Develop and facilitate testing procedures to ensure system stability with new patch or version releases.
4. Develop, demonstrate, and promote multicultural awareness and contribute to cultivating an inclusive, diverse and respectful College community. Demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusion as a college priority, communicate to employees an expectation of behavior that is civil and inclusive when interacting with all staff, faculty, students and visitors and promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment.
5. Initiate and implement procedures to enhance the Admission Office systems; train staff as needed to ensure optimal systems utilization.
6. Serve as liaison with third-party vendors to define and coordinate student recruitment efforts and necessary systems support.
7. Effectively collaborate with the Office of Information Technology and Services (ITS), Analytics and Institutional Research (AIR), College Relations and Communications, Office of State Grants, Student Financial Services, Registrar, senior leadership, and other internal and external clients in planning and maximizing the use of the Admission information systems.
8. Attend and/or participate in meetings, Admission programs, and other campus events as requested.
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3 years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, experience, and training; demonstrated knowledge and understanding of relational databases and operational data store and data warehouse structures; strong working knowledge of report writing tools; strong organizational, analytical, written and verbal communication skills; and supervisory experience required. The ability to cultivate an inclusive, diverse and welcoming environment; ability to treat all people equitably and with a sensitivity and awareness to cultural difference; demonstrated ability to hold others accountable for behavior that is supportive of a community that is diverse and inclusive also required.
Experience with a technology suite that includes and is not limited to knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL); previous experience working with an on-line student information system; experience with implementation of a Customer Relations Management (CRM) tool for enrollment; ability to leverage data visualization tools such as Tableau; and an understanding of the admission process are strongly desired.
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.
Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested applicants must apply online at http://ithaca.edu/jobs/ and attach a resume and cover letter. Questions about online application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Screening of applications will begin immediately.
Work authorization (select one): Department description College Description
At Ithaca College, a comprehensive residential campus community of 6,500 students, we strive to be at the forefront of the higher education landscape. We offer a distinct integrative learning experience that makes students ready for the personal, professional, and global challenges of our age.
We seek candidates who embrace integrative learning and want to be a part of this exciting time in Ithaca College history. We encourage creative collaboration and innovation in our faculty and staff, providing support and resources for them to grow in their fields and lead students to their own innovative ideas and achievements.
We welcome different ways of thinking and look for candidates with unique points of view and life experiences. We are inclusive of individuals with a wide range of cultural, personal, and professional backgrounds, talents, and skills. Our campus is a vibrant and rewarding community where diverse minds can learn, succeed, and excel.
When reviewing candidates, we are looking for indicators of a number of core competencies. Prospective candidates must be adaptable, collaborative, inclusive, respectful, responsive, results driven, and sustainable. They must communicate effectively, demonstrate leadership, exhibit professional integrity and ethics, take initiative, value personal and professional development, and show that they will engage in the college.
Nestled in the heart of New York State's scenic Finger Lakes region, Ithaca College sits atop South Hill overlooking picturesque Cayuga Lake and is just minutes away from the city center. Combining small town warmth and charm with the vibrancy of a college community, the thriving and culturally diverse city of Ithaca has been rated by Kiplinger's as one of the top 10 places to live in the United States.
To learn more about Ithaca College, visit us at http://ithaca.edu
Market Hiring Range 70,000 to 75,000 FLSA Status Exempt Is this position eligible for benefits? Yes
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation
- Reference List
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).