Student Account Advisor
Hyde Park Campus
58706 CSL-Bursars Office
About the Unit
The University of Chicago is one of the nation's leading institutions of higher education and research. Campus and Student Life (CSL) is a division comprised of 20 departments that serve the University's 5,000 undergraduate and 10,000 graduate and professional school students, as well as the campus community more broadly. CSL is importantly charged with the dual task of supporting all students in the University and managing multiple campus departments and services that serve the entire campus community. CSL's programs and services focus on supporting student academic success, providing opportunities for personal growth and leadership development, developing community and engagement through the residential housing and dining program, and in areas such as artistic expression, community service, spiritual exploration, and athletic competition.
Reporting to the Assistant Manager of Student Account Services the Student Account Adviser, provides primary customer service support to students, internal staff and third-parties regarding Student Account service inquires.
- Provide assistance to walk-in customers with Student Account management inquiries.
- Manage daily phone and electronic service requests.
- Provide reporting on Student Account inquiry service statistics and feedback regarding service inquiries.
- Provide support to the Assistant Manager on dissemination and monitoring of communications and outreach events.
- Provide support to the Assistant Manager on internal inquiries and educational programming.
Education, Experience or Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree and/or two years relevant student financials/customer service experience required
- Experience with Campus Solutions a plus
Technical Knowledge or Skills:
- Knowledge of computer system capabilities, business processes and work flow and spreadsheet analysis
- Understanding of the software development life cycle
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to bridge functional and technical resources by communicating effectively with individuals of varying systems expertise
- Cover Letter
- Writing Sample
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
Depends on Qualification
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/