BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST
Duties: The Business Systems Analyst is part of a team, under the general direction of the Director of Core Systems, which ensures the successful operations of the Penn Libraries data center. The primary focus for this position is systems administration and systems management of data center virtualization, network storage infrastructure, servers, Active Directory infrastructure, and critical business applications including library management, discovery systems, repository, and faculty research profiles. The Business Systems Analyst develops or implements protocols, tools, scripts, and documentation to support, document, and analyze systems operations. The Operations Group manages all operations on systems including maintenance and upgrades of software and hardware, backups and archiving, security and account management, ensures the consistent and appropriate performance of software, and appropriate integration of systems and data. The Operations Group supports application development, implementation, and operation in a web-based, database-driven environment. This position will have contact with technical and functional staff in the Libraries, on campus, at partner sites, and with vendors.
* Perform system administration duties for data center VMware virtualization, storage area network using Dell Compellent hardware and TCP/IP networking infrastructure
* Ensure appropriate and effective security, configuration, and operations of applications, databases, and data integrations for mission critical applications
* Perform detailed analysis and design of new systems, and modifies the design of existing ones to meet the needs of the Libraries
* Provision servers and oversee ownership of enterprise level Active Directory environment. Perform system administration duties for Microsoft Windows, Linux, Active Directory and relational database management systems/applications
* Produce and utilize technical documentation of installations, management procedures, support procedures, and operational protocols for data center
* Work with application developers to extend and maintain third-party and in-house applications. Work with desktop support team to develop and maintain physical and virtual desktop solutions. Work with organization stakeholders, and technical staff throughout the university to support and troubleshoot operations and to ensure effective systems performance
* Perform additional duties as assigned
Qualifications: A Bachelor's degree and 2 years of programming, systems analysis, or similar experience with a record of increasing complexity and responsibility, or equivalent combination of education and experience, are required. 3 years to 5 years of experience strongly preferred. Demonstrated experience managing and maintaining operations of data center hardware, software, and protocols; and with data center virtualization/VDI technology and Linux/Windows servers
* Desired: Experience with security and access management using Active Directory, familiarity with Linux operating systems, Docker, and cloud technologies.
* The ideal candidate will show strength in documentation, requirements planning, communication with non-IT professionals and end users (both oral and written), teamwork, and reliability.
Reference Number: 50-28809
Salary Grade: C
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: Library Computing Systems
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: E-Information Systems/Technology