The department of Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry seeks a Research Analyst. The applicant should have experience in biochemical, molecular biological and cell biological techniques.
The successful applicant will utilize biochemical, cellular and molecular biology assays along with systems biology techniques and biological network construction to determine how a reduction in the rate of sphingolipid synthesis is able to increase long term survival (lifespan) in the model organism Saccharomyces cerevisiae (budding yeasts).
Results from these studies will then be used in future work to identify new ways to slow the development and progression of human age-related diseases including neurological disfunction and dementias, cancer, inflammatory disfunctions and diabetes.
7H180:Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Occasional lifting, pushing, or pulling of objects up to 50lbs.
Monday through Friday 8:30 am - 5:30 pm
MS Windows and Excel
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Have you worked with budding yeast?
- * Do you have experience with construction of biological networks?
- * Do you have experience using excel to compare large data sets?
- * Do you consider yourself to be very careful in performing experiments, recording results and keeping good records?
- * Do you appreciate receiving feedback about your work performance?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Curriculum Vita
- Academic Transcript