Assistant Professor of Neurology
The Assistant Professor of Neurology will provide direct or consultative neurological care for patients (adults and/or children) with neurological illness in the Department's outpatient clinics and/or outreach clinics from 6-7 half-days per week. This position will also attend on the Neurology (adult and/or pediatric) inpatient ward and/or consultative services from 6 to 8 weeks per year and/or provide coverage for other faculty.
Responsibilities in the outpatient clinics may be adjusted when on attending physician on the inpatient services. The inpatient services can include stroke, Neurology, and other inpatient services or outreach facilities.
This position will also provide supervision for residents and medical students in all clinical settings (inpatient and outpatient), including supervision of six to eight half day clinics per year as attending for the outpatient resident clinic. The Assistant Professor will also participate in clinical research and other administrative activities as approved by the Chair, and serve on appropriate Department, College, Hospital, or University committees.
Please include a CV when applying for position.
Assistant Professor of Neurology
Type of Position
Position Time Status
M.D., D.O. or equivalent degree
Required Related Experience
Evidence of the appropriate research training and/or equivalent experience in Neurology or related disciplines. This training/experience should be of an adequate type and duration to prepare the individual for development of an independent research program.
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Must obtain Kentucky medical licensure before appointment, and must then maintain full medical licensure in the State of Kentucky throughout the term of the appointment.
Board eligible or certified in Neurology or specialty area where applicable
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Deadline to Apply
Open Untill Filled
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's Online Employment System?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Academic Keys
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the above
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter