Assistant Director, Visitor Services
Job ID: 43463
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art is located in Sarasota, Florida. For more about the Ringling, please see the "Other Information" section.
This position oversees visitor experience at the Ringling to include:
- Surveying and recommending solutions or policy changes to greater enhance the visitor experience.
- Developing policies and procedures related to all aspects of the visitor experience cross-departmentally and in conjunction with Senior Staff to implement strategies to enhance the visitor experience campus-wide.
- Recommending changes to Ringling website, online ticketing, and other visitor informational tools as appropriate.
- Supervising operational departments (Admissions, Visitor Services, Museum Stores, and Historic Asolo Theater Box Office and Front of House) to include: hiring, training, discipline, and performance evaluations; conducting interviews, trainings, and assigning volunteers as needed; and participating in the development and presentation of staff customer service and front-line training.
- Developing strategies for analyzing Ringling audience; recommending and implements visitor surveys, capture and reporting strategies and methods; and report such findings to Senior Staff on a regular basis.
- Evaluates visitor comment cards and surveys and recommends solutions or policy changes to greater enhance the visitor experience.
- Develops policies and procedures related to all aspects of the visitor experience: admissions, ticketing, transportation, front-line volunteers. Works with Ringling Departments to develop and enrich the visitor experience.
Bachelor's degree and four years' experience related to the duties of this position or a combination of post high school education and experience equal to eight years.
Four years' minimum of supervisory experience in customer service such museum/attractions management, hotel, or related front-line experience.
Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position which include the ability to traverse significant distances around the 66 acre estate and ascend and descend stairs.
Experience in applying the principles and practices to strategically align tasks and people with organizational goals and objectives.
Experience in evaluation, developing, and implementing processes. Experience in compiling, interpreting, reporting, and/or editing information.
Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
A valid Florida driver's license or the ability to obtain prior to hire.
Experience with website content management systems.
Experience with PeopleSoft software systems.
The Ringling is a preeminent center for the arts, history, performance, and learning that is dedicated to bringing the past and contemporary culture to life through extraordinary visitor experiences. A place of exploration, discovery and respite, The Ringling's campus in Sarasota, Florida-which includes the Museum of Art, Circus Museum, a historic home, an 18th-century theater, and bayfront gardens-is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. As the State Art Museum of Florida and part of Florida State University, The Ringling fulfills an important educational mission. The Ringling offers formal and informal programs of study serving as a major resource for students, scholars and lifelong learners of every age across the region, country, and around the world. For more information, please visit www.ringling.org.
For more information, or for technical assistance, please contact Ringling Human Resources at 941-359-5700 ext. 2605 or email@example.com.
Anticipated Salary Range
Low to Mid $50,000s + Florida State benefits available (http://hr.fsu.edu/?page=benefits/benefits_home).
This is an A&P (Administrative and Professional) position.
Typical schedule is Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. The incumbent will often be expected to work evenings and weekends to meet the needs of the museum.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
Open until filled
This position is being advertised as open until filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf