Summary: Under general supervision, the Laundry Attendant is responsible for collecting, sorting, washing, drying, ironing, folding and dispensing all linens, towels, cloth napkins and rags.
- Follows assigned job tasks issued by supervisor on a daily basis.
- Stocks linen closets; removes soiled linens from deposit areas.
- Sorts linen daily.
- Loads and unloads all washer extractors in the manner prescribed by supervisor.
- Maintains chemical laundry products and ensures the proper dispensing of chemicals to the washer extractor.
- Operates the flatwork ironer.
- Cleans and disinfects laundry carts on daily basis.
- Reports problems or malfunctions of laundry equipment to supervisor.
- Follows safety regulations at all times.
- Maintains clean and organized work area.
- Maintains good level of employee and guest relations
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Completion of some high school plus six months experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
- Ability to read and follow cleaning instructions and schedules.
- Ability to communicate with guests and staff.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Medium work: exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and /or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Talking, hearing, climbing, balancing, stooping kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, lifting, pushing, pulling, grasping. Worker is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of work. Subject to both inside and outside conditions. Subject to hazards.
- Responsible for own work only.
Note: This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
In order to provide a safe learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States