Position Number: 10059615
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Dahlonega
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for an Accountant I. This position will be responsible for all aspects of the Card Services operation, to include but not limited to, issuing ID cards, processing deposits, assisting with internal troubleshooting of the transaction system and balancing and reconciling accounts. This position will apply generally accepted accounting principles to review, analyze, and ensure accurate balancing and reconciling of PeopleSoft General Ledger to 3 rd party Blackboard ERP system. Preparation of monthly and daily adjusting and closing Journal Entries to Campus Cash, Meal Plans, and Dining Dollars for Card Service is required.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 19,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Accountant I will:
- Make IDs for all new students, Orientation groups, replacement IDs, faculty, staff, and dependent IDs for UNG.
- Process daily bank deposits for UNG Card Services. Balances and reconciles cash drawer on a daily basis.
- Be responsible for balancing, reconciling, verifying, & troubleshooting Campus Cash, Meal Plans, and Dining Dollar transactions for ALL UNG campuses by analyzing reports from multiple software systems and applying generally accepted accounting principles to revenue recognition, daily adjusting entries, and monthly closing entries.
- Work closely with Business Office, IT, Dining, Vending, and Bookstores to ensure accurate and timely processing of transactions.
- Create periodic disbursements of unused Campus Cash and Dining Dollars in accordance with USG's Business Process Manual.
- Create monthly payment vouchers/JEs for Dining, Vending, and off-campus vendors who utilize Campus Cash
- Liaison between IT, Business office, and multiple Card offices for financial transactions.
- Assist Manager with the development and enforcement of internal and external policies.
- Assist Manager with Marketing of the ID Card
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have knowledge of various office machines including calculator, copier, fax, and cash register.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Excellent customer service skills; time management skills.
- Basic computer and software troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work effectively with students, faculty and staff.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Prefer Bachelor's degree in Acct/Business Admin., or high school diploma with 5+ years of related experience.
- Requires three (3) years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience, prefer experience in University setting.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Banner, DataCard System, and Blackboard Transaction system is preferred.
- Ability to work with student ID records on Blackboard Transaction System and have retail experience.
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references. This position will require a background check and credit check.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.