Student Health Insurance Coordinator
Job no: 494320
Position Type: Staff Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Health Services
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience and grade
Applications Open: May 14 2018
Applications Close: Open until filled
General Summary of Position:
The Insurance Coordinator, Student Health provides on-site customer service at the Wellness Center of the University of Massachusetts Lowell. The Coordinator will assume responsibility for managing day-to-day customer service insurance issues and collaborate with the management team of the insurance vendor assigned by the University to respond to customer questions related to policy coverage and claims. The Insurance Coordinator will also support referral coordination of Health Services and Counseling Services staff to outside providers.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Associate's Degree
- One to three years client service experience in the health insurance field
*will consider applicants with HS Diploma or equivalent with 3-5 years of work experience in addition to the 1-3 years of client services experience in the health insurance or related field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including group presentation experience
- Knowledge of and familiarity with medical terminology, billing, and coding
- Experience in use of Electronic Health Records (EHR) software
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office products
- Bachelors degree
- Ability to function independently while contributing to a team environment
- Ability to take and change direction as dictated by the University's service needs
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Maintenance of patient confidentiality at all times
- Respectful and effective communication with students, staff, and others within the University community
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.