The Operations Coordinator, Women's Volleyball is responsible for assisting the coaching staff and sport administrator with the management and coordination of day-to-day operations for the Women’s Volleyball program.
1. Works with compliance staff to create a culture of compliance to meet NCAA, ACC, University and departmental policies and procedures. Oversee compliance rules and regulations to maintain CARA hour and Time Management Plan limits and logs. Serves as a liaison to Compliance Office for National Letter of Intent Process. Insure that the NLI’s are prepared correctly and sent in the appropriate time frame. Works with coaches to get admissions applications returned and NCAA Eligibility items completed in a timely manner to facilitate final NCAA Eligibility Center certification on all student-athletes. Coordinates permissible correspondence to incoming student-athletes regarding financial aid, workout programs, orientation schedules, fall housing requirements, required physical documentation and equipment needs.
2. Coordinates all team travel with business office staff, including: coordination of flights, hotel and buses with travel coordinator, meals, submitting cash advance requests, tracking per diem distribution, creation of agendas and processes all spend authorizations.
3. Coordinate pregame meals for all home games.
4. Responsible for complimentary ticket lists for all ticketed events.
5. Assists in planning and execution of off-campus and on campus recruiting events. Serves as a direct representative of the University’s coaching staff to potential recruits and their families.
6. Coordinates all practice session scheduling and setup. Works with the game management and facility staff to coordinate home meets/games.
7. Processes all reimbursements and purchase requisitions.
8. Assists head coach and business office with monitoring of current fiscal year budget and formulation of next year’s budget.
9. Assist academic services with study hall and class attendance. Monitors the academic performance of the team with assigned academic counselor to achieve desirable academic outcomes.
10. Works with equipment staff to order and allocate all athletic equipment. Assist with creating purchase orders for equipment, outside services and office supplies.
11. Acts as a liaison to student athlete enhancement services including the student-athlete development staff, department nutritionist, department sports psychologist and strength trainer.
12. Plans and assists in the oversight of the annual team banquet.
13. Assist in coordination of scout video and statistical analysis both during competition and in preparation for competition.
14. Acts as a liaison to Marketing plan, sports information staff and fundraising efforts.
15. Responsible for maintaining compliance with NCAA, Atlantic Coast Conference, institutional and departmental policies and procedures.
16. All other duties as assigned by women’s volleyball head coach.
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization; and one year of appropriate experience.Apply online. Position #P100038808
The University of Miami is home to some of the brightest minds in the world. We are committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Come join us!]]>