Miami Athletics is seeking a talented, innovative and versatile designer to create visual content for one of the most iconic brands in collegiate athletics. The Graphic Designer supports the sales, marketing, communications and digital initiatives of the department through the design and layout of various creative elements, including but not limited to sales collateral, brochures, traditional and digital ads, e-mail templates, season tickets, social media graphics, website graphics, video board graphics and broadcast graphics. The Graphic Designer will also work closely with other members of the communications, digital and video staff to help drive the creative vision for the athletic department and ensure that vision aligns with the department’s ongoing brand strategy.Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Concept, design and produce traditional, digital and video graphic materials for athletic department.
- Work in coordination with communications, digital and marketing departments to ensure projects are completed in a timely manner.
- Help manage the department’s creative assets.
- Work with outside graphic and print vendors when necessary.
- Maintain a professional level of communication with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other departments within UM Athletics to help them leverage graphics to achieve their goals.
- Responsible for maintaining compliance with NCAA, Atlantic Coast Conference, institutional and departmental rules.
- All other duties as assigned by the Senior Associate Athletic Director for Communications & Digital Strategy and Assistant Athletic Director, Creative Services.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under time constraints and meet assigned deadlines
- Proficient in the creation of both online and print design
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite products, particularly Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and After Effects
- Working knowledge of Cinema 4D a plus
Education Requirements (Essential Requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Three-plus years of increasing graphic design experience
- Portfolio that represents a diverse variety of projects and skillsets
The University of Miami is home to some of the brightest minds in the world. We are committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Come join us!