Administrative Assistant II
Administrative Assistant II
Department: Student Life
Posting Number: 201301355P
Full or Part Time: Full Time
Number of Months: 12
Work Schedule: Work performed during standard business hours, overtime may be necessary based on business needs. Occasional evening and weekends required (4-5x/year) with some travel.
Position End Date:
Open Date: 05/14/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions: For first consideration please apply before May 23, 2018.
Under general supervision provides administrative support to fulfill objectives of the Center for Community Involvement and serves as the CCI's primary point of contact.
The essential functions listed below are intended to identify those generally assigned, the position may perform many but not all, in addition, other responsibilities may be assigned that are unit specific and based on business need.
1. Performs administrative duties using working knowledge of the unit’s policies, procedures and practices.
2. Hires, supervises, evaluates, and provides learning opportunities for student leaders/employees.
3. Provides oversight and direction to student employees:
4. Provides budget and accounting support as well as some business manager’s functions:
5. Monitors office equipment, facilities and duplicating services ensuring all are operational and have no need of repair. Orders unit’s supplies, repair of equipment and facilities when needed or requested.
6. Responds to unit personnel on general inquiries and provides information to those the unit serves.
7. Maintains a variety of department records both electronically and manually including but not limited to employee and client files, student records and areas of compliance such as the explanation of pre-employment requirement for student workers, university and state mandated reporting procedures, monitoring of work study allocations, and sick leave.
8. Coordinates unit’s calendar of events and ensures unit personnel are updated with current University information.
9. Organizes and/or assists with the coordination of unit events as assigned to include but not limited to:
10. Composes and prepares letters, correspondence, special reports, technical papers, presentations and e-mail using standard software applications and in a form consistent with standard business practice. Takes meeting minutes for review and/or distribution.
11. Schedules and/or arranges meetings, travel, lodging for unit personnel or visitors. Ensures reimbursements are made when appropriate.
12. Provides technical support to others within office on University supported software applications and overall communication regarding technology challenges by working with appropriate personnel to create solutions.
13. Assists with managing the department’s website and third-party web-based platforms by coordinating web training, assisting with content development, and supporting website changes & conversion.
14. Recommends new procedures for streamlining administrative duties or office functions.
15. Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties require constant sitting and repetitive motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Frequent walking, standing and simple grasping. Occasional climbing stairs, walking across campus, stooping and reaching. Constant communication using both spoken and written means. May be required to lift/carry up to 25 lbs.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment. Work performed during standard business hours, overtime may be necessary based on business needs. Occasional evening and weekends required (4-5x/year) with some travel.
Hiring Range: Min $15.29 per hour to Mid $19.81 per hour, non-exempt
To apply, visit: https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/11985
Background Check Statement:
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must pass a criminal background check.
AA/EEO Policy Statement:
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.