Coordinator of Community-Based Learning
The Coordinator of Community-Based Learning collaborates with community partners, faculty and students to promote community-based service-learning and research projects. Develops and oversees communications and public relations. Organizes the work of the Office, creates efficient practices, and provides strategic direction for the Office.
Essential and Related Functions
- Collaborate directly with community partners and faculty to facilitate service-learning placements and research projects. Research viability of community placements to ensure optimum learning experience for students.
- Provide logistical support for the Office in the implementation of community-based learning courses, including drafting documentation using legal protocols and best-practices criteria.
- Respond to student requests for community-based learning project ideas and volunteering inquiries. Actively reach out to community partners to coordinate matching opportunities. Provide office management by organizing office operations and procedures; provides strategic advice for its direction. Closely monitor approaching deadlines to ensure timely completion of tasks.
- Manage the Office’s organizational web-based tools for tracking and monitoring community-based learning activities. Run reports and conduct analysis to assess program effectiveness.
- Administer the Office’s university-wide database for posting, tracking, and assessing civic engagement; research and maintain data and prepare related reports.
- Supervise and administer the Office’s website, including the development of innovative modifications, design, and maintenance. Develop site content to market community-based learning program.
- Serve on and facilitate the work of committees related to community-based learning.
- Develop ideas for promoting and documenting community-based learning activities, through the university website, social media, print publications, and press releases; serve as the primary liaison for the Office and the Office of Communications and Public Affairs.
- Develop, plan and coordinate meetings, events, and training sessions to support program and goals.
- Maintain and reconcile budgets for Office and related accounts. Monitor expenditures and perform first-level analysis on accounts; authorize payments within prescribed limits; make recommendations for expenditures; assist with expenditure requests and reimbursements.
- Maintain receipts, create and process vouchers and credit card transactions.
- Additional related duties as assigned. Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Washington and Lee is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As such, we are interested in candidates who are committed to high standards of scholarship, performance and professionalism and to the development of a campus climate that supports equality and diversity in our faculty, staff and student body. Job description requirements are representative, but not all‐inclusive of the knowledge, skill, and abilities needed to successfully perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Statement of Commitment to Diversity
Washington and Lee affirms that diverse perspectives and backgrounds enhance our community. We are committed to the recruitment, enrichment, and retention of students, faculty, and staff who embody many experiences, cultures, points of view, interests, and identities. As engaged citizens in a global and diverse society, we seek to advance a positive learning and working environment for all through open and substantive dialogue.