Executive Director, School of Graduate and Professional Studies
Category:: Administrative Positions
Department:: School of Graduate and Professional Studies
Locations:: Springfield, OH
Posted:: May 15, '18
Ref. No.:: 1-83004-50101
About Wittenberg University:
Founded in 1845, Wittenberg is a nationally ranked, private, liberal arts college related to the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and has an enrollment of about 1,700 students. Wittenberg enjoys a national reputation for excellent academic standards and is widely known for its friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Wittenberg has an exceptional staff and award-winning faculty who share a commitment to undergraduate teaching, research, and development of students into successful global citizens. Situated on 100 acres of rolling hills in Springfield Ohio, Wittenberg is easily accessible from Columbus, Dayton and Cincinnati.
Wittenberg University is seeking applications and nominations for the position of Executive Director of the School of Graduate and Professional Studies (GPS).
Reporting to the Provost, the Director will serve as a member of the Academic Program leadership team and will provide strong entrepreneurial leadership to expand credit-bearing and non-credit bearing programs and courses. The Director will also lead the team responsible for marketing and administration of Wittenberg's graduate programs. Finally, the Director also leads GPS in managing relationships between the University and the community and developing educational opportunities based on community needs.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Provide overall leadership, strategy, and oversight of the School of Graduate and Professional Studies, its staff, programs and budgets as needed to achieve the University's strategic and financial goals.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the mission and values of Wittenberg University and the School of Graduate and Professional Studies as a principal expression of Wittenberg's commitment to life-long learning.
- Lead the effort to develop new programs within the School of Graduate and Professional Studies including market research, program feasibility, proposal development, campus and accreditation approvals, securing and supporting program leaders, and overseeing detailed program/course development, launch, and quality control.
- Oversee the marketing and admissions efforts for all GPS programs, coordinating as needed with the broader enrollment management and marketing activities of the university.
- Effectively develop and manage program budgets, analyze data, conduct program assessment, and apply the results of both to program evaluation and resource allocation decisions.
- Effectively recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate GPS staff and instructional personnel.
- Represent the School of Graduate and Professional Studies on campus and in the community.
- Other duties as assigned such as special projects, programs, developmental activities, etc.
The ideal candidate will have a master's degree or above and 1 to 3 years of relevant experience. Experience in hybrid and online program and course development/delivery is a plus. Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Wittenberg is committed to attracting and retaining highly qualified individuals who collectively reflect the diversity of our student body and society at-large. Please review our notice of nondiscrimination housed on our website.
Review of candidates for the position will begin on May 30th and continue until the position is filled.
We ask candidates to apply online using the link provided. As part of the application process you will be asked to upload the following documents in Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat format:
- A letter of interest and application addressing your interest in the position and qualifications for it as they relate to the description above.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Unofficial undergraduate and graduate transcripts.
- Contact Information for three professional references.
If you are a person with a disability and require assistance with the application process, please contact Wittenberg's Human Resources Department at 937.327.7517.