10003283 Data Analytics, Graduate School - Adjunct Faculty
The Graduate School
Location: Dorsey, MD
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks adjunct faculty to teach onsite in Dorsey, MD in the Data Analytics Master’s Degree program.
Required Education and Experience
- Terminal degree in Data Analytics or a related field from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Professional experience in Data Analytics or a related field
- You must meet the minimum technology requirements, which can be reviewed at https://www.umuc.edu/visitors/careers/facultyrecruit/upload/Adjunct-Faculty-Minimum-Technology-Requirements.pdf
- Experience teaching adult learners online and in higher education is strongly preferred
Materials needed for submission
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter highly preferred
- If selected, candidates with international degrees may be required to submit translation/ degree evaluation from a NACES approved vendor.
Who We Are and Who We Serve
UMUC—one of 12 degree-granting institutions in the University System of Maryland (USM)—is a mission-driven institution with seven core values that guide us in all we do. At the top of the list is "Students First,” and we strive to do just that for our 90,000 students at home and abroad. From its start in 1947, UMUC has demonstrated its commitment to adult learners. We recognize that adult students need flexibility and options. UMUC is proud to be a global, 24-hour, institution of higher learning.
The typical UMUC student is an adult learner juggling a career, family, and other priorities. Roughly 80% work full time, half are parents, and half are minority students. They are continuing their education to better themselves, their families, and their professional opportunities. UMUC is also a leading higher education provider to the U.S. military, enrolling 55,000 active-duty service members, reservists, National Guard members, veterans, and family members annually. We are proud of our military heritage and are committed to this service.
The Adjunct Faculty Role at UMUC
UMUC is committed to helping students achieve success not only with us, but also in their professional fields. As a result, we actively seek faculty members who are scholar-practitioners: professionals who are actively and successfully engaged in their field who additionally wish to help the next generation of professionals grow in their knowledge and expertise through education. Your role as an adjunct faculty member will be to:
- Actively engage students through frequent interaction that motivates them to succeed, and conveys a genuine energy and enthusiasm for their learning.
- Guide students in active collaboration and the application of their learning in problem- and project-based learning demonstrations.
- Provide rich and regular constructive feedback, utilizing rubrics effectively for the assessment of student work, and acknowledging student accomplishments.
- Demonstrate relevant and current subject-matter expertise, and help students connect concepts across their academic program.
- Provide feedback to your program chair on possible curricular improvements.
The Data Analytics Master’s Degree Program at UMUC
Please visit the following link to learn more about this program, including its description, outcomes, and coursework: http://www.umuc.edu/academic-programs/masters-degrees/data-analytics.cfm
Faculty Training at UMUC
We are committed to your professional success at UMUC. Each new faculty member is required to successfully complete our online two-week new faculty orientation, FacDev 411, as a condition of hire.
Position Available and will Remain Open until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Adjunct faculty candidates will be required to provide official transcripts during the candidate selection process.
The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.