#6620 Outbound Ticket Revenue Manager (Administrator I), Athletics
San Diego State University is seeking applicants with demonstrated experience and/or commitment to teaching and working effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and members of historically underrepresented groups.
Initial review of applications will begin on May 25, 2018. To receive full consideration, apply by May 24, 2018. The position will remain open until filled.
For more information on San Diego State University, please click here.
This position is in the Management Personnel Plan (Administrator I) and earns management benefits including medical, dental, vision, $100,000 life insurance plan, and the CalPERS pension plan. For more information on benefits included for this position, please see the benefits summary.
This is a full-time, benefits eligible, at will position. This position is designated exempt under FLSA and not eligible for overtime compensation. Standard SDSU work hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. but may vary based on operational needs.
Under the direction of the Assistant Athletic Director of Marketing Sales & Fulfillment, the Outbound Ticket Revenue Manager will work to increase season ticket sales, mini plan sales, and group sales for the Athletic Department. This will include hiring and training of staff and working in concert with Marketing and the Ticket Office on football, men’s and women’s basketball, volleyball, baseball, and softball ticket sales.
For more information regarding Athletics, please click here.
Compensation and Benefits
Starting salary upon appointment not expected to exceed $2,563 per month plus commission eligible. CSU Classification Salary Range: $2,502 - $8,818 per month. Salary placement is determined by the education, experience, and qualifications the candidate brings to the position, internal equity, and the hiring department's fiscal resources.
San Diego State University offers a rich benefits package that constitutes a major portion of total compensation. For more information regarding SDSU benefits, please click here.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Two to five years of experience with comprehensive annual giving programs, sales, marketing, or related experience.
- California driver’s license within 10 days of hire.
Preferred Qualifications and Specialized Skills
- Experience in defining populations and working with systems support to manipulate prospect populations.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships between departments, colleagues, and committee members.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- At least 6 months experience in an automated telemarketing environment raising funds from annual solicitations, including telephone, direct mail, and e-mail efforts with proven track record in meeting goals.
- At least 6 months experience with Archtics.
- At least 6 months experience with Ticketmaster.
- At least 6 months experience with coaching and supervising college student workers and other sales staff.
- At least 6 months experience writing direct mail appeal letters.
- At least 6 months experience writing/developing e-solicitations.
- At least 6 months experience creating solicitation schedules for multiple constituent groups.
- At least 6 months experience working with external vendors and contracts.
- At least 6 months of experience with management and supervisory responsibilities.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button. If you need assistance completing your application, please click here.
Applicants with disabilities requiring assistance may call (619) 594-7099.
All management and executive employees shall be required to provide a written statement to the appropriate administrator of any and all outside employment. Employees shall also provide a written statement of outside employment if a written request by an administrator is made.
The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
SDSU is a smoke free campus. For more information, please click here.
SDSU is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, age, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, or covered veteran status.