Job ID: 24560
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 1549
Classification: Property Clerk II
Salary Range: $3,212/month - $5,477/month
FLSA status: Non - Exempt
San Jose State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package. For more information on programs available, please visit http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/benefits/
About the Position
The Property Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining the property assets control system for the University. This system encompasses identification, classification, and recording of property that is acquired or disposed of through sales or surplus and record keeping within the Asset Database System. This position must work with Accounting, Procurement, and Distribution Services on troubleshooting asset management issues, and schedule and carry-out campus-wide inventory in accordance with CSU and GAAP standards including Integrated State University Administrative Manual (ICSUAM). This position will be responsible for implementing and oversight of a surplus website, security and handling of all surplus equipment turned in by campus departments, and e-waste disposition and record keeping. Additionally this position may supervise a student assistant.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the recording and tagging of property and receipt information of new and transferred property,
- Maintain and update the Asset Managing procedure manual and participating/delivering asset information in campus training programs.
- Use PeopleSoft to review purchase orders and invoice information to determine if assets meet property criteria. Tag all identified property in a timely manner. Run reports, provide information including equipment expense reports and others as required.
- Use PeopleSoft to update, research, and inform interested parties on assets.
- Add asset acquisition information to PeopleSoft based on information from PCards, Foundation, Gift Acceptance Forms, and other sources.
- Receive requests for and recommend transfer of property, loan of property, survey of property, etc. Ensure property transfer and recording of assets.
- Maintain security of transferred property until disposition.
- Determine the condition and recommend proper disposition of property requiring repair, salvage, or disposal.
- Coordinate disposal of property to include but not limited to: donation to public schools or charitable organizations, dispose of useable property at surplus auction, conduct internet sales, and dispose of unusable property through ewaste and recycling programs and through the Public Surplus website.
- Ensure proper retirement of property in PeopleSoft system and process Property Survey Board actions.
- Work collaboratively with General Accounting staff on asset management issues which they identify.
- Work collaboratively with Distribution Services in their role in receiving and tagging equipment, handling surveyed equipment, and other related actions.
- Work collaboratively with Procurement on recognition of assets, trade-in of assets, and other issues.
- Work on PeopleSoft Asset Management software upgrades, patches, conversions as needed.
- Work collaboratively with IT on disposal of assets containing information and software.
Education and Experience
Three years of experience inventorying and maintaining control records for a wide variety of property and equipment or expendable storekeeping items.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to use independent judgement based on years of experience and qualification of the position to identify problems, research solutions, evaluate alternatives, formulate recommendations, and implement approved actions to improve operational effectiveness
- Ability to have mobility and dexterity to locate and scan property tags on equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to manage details and multiple processes on a daily basis
- Ability to establish effective working relationships
- Ability to drive a motor vehicle for the purpose of conducting inventories
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service and public relations skills
May 14, 2018
Application Screening begins June 4, 2018
Applications received before that date will receive first consideration.
This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Required Application Material:
Letter of interest
List of References
Complete SJSU Online Employment Application
Please note that failure to completely fill out each section of the online application may result in your application not receiving consideration.
Note To Applicant
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS)
All San Jos State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.
One Washington Square San Jose, CA 95192-0046