Information Technology Analyst
Job ID: 24559
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 0420
Department: IES Information Technology
Classification: Information Technology Consultant - Career
Salary Range: $4,372/month - $10,173/month
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range: $4,372/month - $5500/month
FLSA status: Exempt
San Jose State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package. For more information on programs available, please visit http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/benefits/
About the Position
The College of International and Extended Studies (CIES) offers programs dedicated to Access, International Programs, and Innovation. CIES' programs provide access to San Jos State University courses, degrees and certificates for students in Silicon Valley and from around the world.
Reporting to the Dean of the College of International and Extended Studies (CIES) and receiving work lead direction from the Information Technology Administrator for CIES, the incumbent provides consultative and hands-on support and services to the College's user community to ensure problem resolution, system and data access, and optimal system performance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- configures, deploys, maintains, and modifies applications, networks, databases, and other information systems
- provides disaster recovery support for the College's systems to ensure business continuity
- coordinates the analysis and testing of new applications and systems, and oversees the effective deployment of them
-maintains existing applications and systems for optimal performance and information/data integrity
- provides appropriate training and education to users to ensure effective uses of the technology
- gathers business requirements and translates the requirements into technical specifications
With the Information Technology Administrator, the incumbent is responsible for the operational soundness of systems that the College relies on to do their business effectively. To this end, the incumbent
- ensures that data sources are accurate and readily accessible to the College's user community
- provides remote and on-site support in a timely manner
- serves as an information technology resource to CIES units
- trains student assistants to effectively support the basic activities/responsibilities of the Information Technology unit
- creates and maintains user documentation
- maintains equipment inventory and software library
- makes sound recommendations for appropriate applications and systems to support College operations
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, educational technology, communications, or related fields, or similar certified coursework in applicable fields of study and three years of experience supporting information systems and technology.
1. Experience with a broad range of applications and systems (including databases and multi-media platforms) in support of business operations such as a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, document and asset management tools.
2. Experience in working with IT system management and optimization tools and processes.
3. Excellent written communication skills (Based on the application material).
4. Experience developing and delivering technical training to a diverse audience and developing the associated training materials (e.g., user documentation).
5. Experience with problem identification, analysis, and resolution of a range of hardware and software issues.
6. Experience in project management.
7. Minimum two years' experience in analyzing applications/systems for an organization, effectively deploying them, and systematically monitoring and optimizing.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
a. Knowledge of a broad range of applications and systems (including databases and multi-media platforms) in support of business operations such as a CRM, and document and asset management tools.
b. Knowledge of system utilities, features, installation and maintenance procedures, and general operation of MS Windows and Apple OS X.
c. Knowledge of local area network system configuration, and protocols.
d. Knowledge of operating systems and hardware for problem identification, analysis and resolution.
e. Knowledge of policies and regulations (e.g., copyright) relevant to information technology use and practices.
f. Knowledge of information technology systems and/or applications, including campus wide systems and multimedia environments, access procedures, networks, and/or databases.
g. Knowledge of network and data administration principles and techniques.
h. Knowledge of training theory and practices demonstrated by an ability to develop and deliver technical training and user documentation.
i. Effective written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
j. Proficiency using standard software packages, such as MS Office, backup and restore, and antivirus utilities.
k. Ability to define site procedures for ongoing administration and maintenance of CRM and/or other cloud based applications.
l. Ability to maintain materials, inventory, and technical references and administer facility and system security practices.
m. Ability to perform system, application, database, and network maintenance tasks.
n. Ability to analyze and troubleshoot system connection and interface malfunctions.
May 14, 2018
Application Screening begins May 29, 2018
Applications received before that date will receive first consideration.
This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Required Application Material:
Letter of interest
Complete SJSU Online Employment Application
Please note that failure to completely fill out each section of the online application may result in your application not receiving consideration.
Note To Applicant
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS)
All San Jos State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.
One Washington Square San Jose, CA 95192-0046