Enterprise Application Administrator
Albion College invites applications for the Enterprise Application Administrator position. Reporting to the Director of Information Services, the Enterprise Application Administrator provides programming and analytical support of software applications that maintain and enhance business processes in the administrative and academic arenas. The Enterprise Application Administrator controls the administrative applications, their structure, security, users, backup and maintenance working closely with the Database Administrator and Systems and Networking. This position will, also, assist in the efficient integration of data between several software systems while also working to develop appropriate interfaces to enterprise data. These interfaces will balance intuitive and convenient use with secure, reliable, and sustainable practices. This individual will be the main third-tier support for College web applications, both public and internal. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload. Must exhibit an appreciation of, a sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse environment, inclusive of students, faculty and staff of many social, economic, cultural, ideological, racial and ethnic backgrounds.
This position is eligible for full benefits including health/dental/vision insurance, retirement, tuition remission, and campus amenities including free on-site fitness facility, free parking, and access to campus events/performances.
FLSA Classification: Salaried / Exempt / Administrative and Computer Employee
Duration: 12 months per year
- Associate’s Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Computer Science or IT-related major, minor, or coursework preferred or comparable work experience. Equivalent credentials, licensures, training or experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties and responsibilities of this job will be considered
- Minimum 3 years of experience in programming, systems design or system administration
- Strong experience managing application servers on Linux running Apache HTTP Server or Apache Tomcat
- Experience working with reverse proxy or load balancing technologies, ideally HAProxy
- Experience with systems architecture and communicating how systems interact via speech and visuals
- Familiarity with several of the following: Jenkins, Ansible, Groovy, Grails Framework, Java, Git, PHP, and MVC application design
- Exposure to working with SQL databases. MySQL, Oracle, and/or Microsoft SQL Server are preferred
- Experience with software and tools used in extraction, data transformation and data loading tools across multiple secure interfaces (e.g. SQL*Loader, schedulers, SFTP, and PL/SQL) preferred
- Experience with Banner by Ellucian preferred
Interested candidates should submit an online application including a cover letter, resume, names and contact information for three professional references through Interfolio at https://apply.interfolio.com/50791.
Please contact Mr. Michael Dever (firstname.lastname@example.org) Chief Information Officer, for questions about the position or search.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will be accepted until the position is filled.