Behavioral Health Manager
Join the Wardenburg Health Services team at the University of Colorado Boulder as a Behavioral Health Manager for Counseling and Psychiatric Services! We are currently accepting applications for this position on our beautiful campus located just minutes from the mountains in sunny Boulder, Colorado.
The Behavioral Health Manager position is responsible for managing the operations and function of the Behavioral Health Service (BHS) that Counseling and Psychiatric Services (CAPS) maintains within the health service clinics at Wardenburg Health Services. This position will supervise a staff of behavioral health providers at Wardenburg and Williams Village sites. The manager is responsible for the expansion of services provided within BHS and organizing the delivery of all behavioral services, ensuring adequate staffing and coverage for the program, and providing training for staff and trainees. This position will work with the Associate Director of Clinical Services at CAPS and the Wardenburg departments to develop policies and processes to ensure the smooth delivery of behavioral health services. The manager will also provide case management and therapy as needed for respondents/those who are involved in the investigation process for sexual misconduct or protected class discrimination/harassment by the Office of Institutional Equity and Compliance (OIEC).
Who we are:
Wardenburg Health Services is the primary health care resource for CU Boulder students. Through comprehensive care and education we strive to give students the skills and knowledge they need to develop healthy life-long habits.
As part of the Division of Student Affairs, we value the diverse backgrounds, histories, identities and life experiences of every member of our community. We strive toward inclusive excellence in making our policies, processes, and actions socially just and equitable. We celebrate and embrace differences. We are committed to welcoming and including diverse groups and perspectives in building a climate in which all members can thrive in an environment where they feel at home, welcome and safe.
What your key responsibilities will be:
Manage Behavioral Health Team
- Provide formal supervision to members of the Behavioral Health Team in both the Wardenburg and Williams Village locations to ensure adherence to department's policy, procedure, and productivity standards.
- Complete annual performance evaluations for team members.
Behavioral Health Services
- Provide assessments, brief interventions, and follow-up care/case management for students presenting at the medical/behavioral health clinics.
- Provide crisis intervention and evaluations of patients for mental, emotional or behavioral disorder who come through the medical clinics at Wardenburg and Williams Village.
- Provide groups/workshops through the Behavioral Health Clinics.
- Provide consultations and collaborations with providers at both the Wardenburg Health Services and CAPS.
- Maintain thorough, accurate, and timely documentation via the EHR.
- Provide case management and therapy needed for respondents who are involved in the investigation process for sexual misconduct or protected class discrimination/harassment by the Office of Institutional Equity and Compliance (OIEC).
Administrative & Program Development
- Work with the Associate Director of Clinical Services to develop policies and protocols for the referral and assignment of behavioral health cases.
- Manage the BH schedule to ensure adequate daily coverage.
- Train and supervise senior staff and trainees on BH policies and procedures.
- Conduct seminars for trainees on the BH role and provide clinical supervision or clinical work within the BH service.
- Provide input to the Associate Director of Clinical Services and the Lead of Training with the regard to performance and productivity of staff and trainees who provide BH services.
- Develop and maintain library of resource materials and handouts for students seen in BH.
- Stay abreast of the literature in the evolving field of Behavioral Health.
- Develop data collection and assessment tools and report monthly service trends to the CAPS' Director and Associate Directors of Clinical Services and Operations.
- Serve as CAPS liaison to Medical Clinical and QI Integration team.
What we can offer:
The salary range for this position starts at $65,000 commensurate with experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Engaged. Be Inclusive. Be Supportive. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Master's degree in clinical social work or professional counseling.
- Licensed in the state of Colorado as an LCSW or LPC by the date of hire.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience providing psychotherapy and psychological assessment in a mental health setting as a licensed clinician.
- One year of experience in providing Behavioral Health assessment and treatment services.
- Eligible for clinical privileges as determined by the Department's Credentialing and Privileging Department.
- At least one year of supervisory and/or program development experience.
What you will need:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a history of strong collaboration and team involvement.
- Position requires basic functional computer skills and experience with EMR.
What we'd like you to have:
- One year of supervisory experience.
- Experience supervising three or more direct reports.
- Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology and licensed as a Clinical Psychologist in the state of CO by the date of hire.
- Experience with Program Coordination and Development.
- Two years of experience providing mental health services in a college or university student population.
- Experience in data gathering and analysis.
- Demonstrated commitment to multicultural competence and social justice issues. Candidates with diverse cultural backgrounds and language skills are highly desired.
- Knowledge of Federal and State standards regarding mental health.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by May 28, 2018.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at email@example.com. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-13540.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Health Care
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10381 - Counseling & Psych Services
Posting Date: May 14, 2018
Closing Date: May 28, 2018, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00679711