Client Care Aide II
University of Colorado Denver / Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine/Addiction Research and Treatment Services (ARTS) The Haven Mother's House and Peer I
Client Care Aide II
Position #001024 Requisition #13608
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Haven (adult females) and Peer I (adult male) programs are residential therapeutic communities for the treatment of severe substance use disorder and co-occurring mental health disorders. The programs are located on the grounds of Ft. Logan in Denver. This position exists to act as a midnight to 8 am line staff which will be shared between the programs. Two shifts will be served at the Haven and three shifts will be served at the Peer I facility.
This full-time University Staff (non-classified) position will observe, monitor, and intervene in drug/alcohol treatment through addressing client behaviors in the milieu; assure compliance with program structure; filing and auditing of charts, facilitate clients' progress through treatment; assist counselors with case management functions; assure safety of staff and clients; design consequences for negative behaviors, instruct clients in the TC tools; support; monitor and document urine screens and BA screens; monitor and document medication for clients; perform routine inspections of residential premises both inside and out, including client room and bed checks as well as facility walk throughs; perform contraband searches, fire drills and safety inspections; identify and respond to crisis and notify immediate supervisor/work leader of any unusual circumstances such as, unauthorized client absence, and violation of program rules; transport clients off site as needed, attend staff meetings and individual and/or group supervision, and trainings; and perform other duties as assigned or required.
Note: This is an essential services position. The incumbent is required to respond after hours during emergencies and report to work for regular assigned shifts during emergency campus closures.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is $25,656 and is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. To ensure ARTS program integrity, prospective employees may be required to submit to pre-employment urine testing.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Must possess a GED or High School Diploma.
- One year of experience appropriate to the work assignment
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Must possess and maintain a valid State of Colorado Driver's License or be able to obtain one within 30 days of hire
- Must be willing and able to work the midnight to 8:00 am shift
- Must be able to provide a copy of diploma, transcripts, or certificate at time of hire
- Must agree to fingerprinting and criminal background check. Required background checks include a review with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) AND the Central Registry of Child Protection (Trails).
- Subject to pre-employment, post-accident or incident or reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing per UCD Addiction Research and Treatment Services Department Policies.
- In accordance with the Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA), ARTS cannot employ individuals who may have contact with residents who have (1) engaged in sexual abuse in a prison, jail, lockup, community confinement facility, juvenile facility, or other Institution (as defined in 42 U.S. C. § 1997); (2) been convicted of engaging or attempting to engage in sexual activity in the community facilitated by force, overt or implied threats of force, or coercion, or if the victim did not consent or was unable to consent or refuse; or (3) been civilly or administratively adjudicated to have engaged in the activity described in (1-3) of this section. Material omissions regarding such misconduct, or the provision of materially false information, shall be grounds for termination
- Possess a Certified Addiction Counselor I (CAC I) certification
- Bachelor's degree in psychology, counseling, counseling psychology or a related field.
- Experience working in a substance abuse treatment program with adult clients
- Experience working with offender population
- Experience using an Electronic Medical Record
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and ability to learn software programs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to comply with established rules, policies and procedures
- Ability to establish boundaries with clients Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references 4) Copy of diploma, transcripts, or certificate or be able to provide a copy if offered the position. Questions should be directed to Sharon Hawkins at Sharon.Hawkins@ucdenver.edu
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Additional Attachments - Refer to Application Materials Instructions Below
Application Materials Instructions:Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Health Care
Primary Location: Denver
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20280 - SOM-PSYCH-ARTS SP/G
Posting Date: May 14, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Sharon Hawkins
Posting Contact Email: Sharon.Hawkins@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00001024