SOFTWARE APPLICATION DEVELOPER
JOB NO.: 94299-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Categories: Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology, Web Design/Development, Other
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 94299-AS
Working Title: Software Application Developer
Official Title: SR INFORM PROC CONSLT(S44BN) or INFORM PROCESS CONSLT(S44DN)
Hiring Department: A177500-SCHOOL OF EDUCATION/WCER
Anticipated Begin Date: JULY 15, 2018
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $70,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's degree required in computer science or related field. Masters degree preferred. Coursework in enterprise architecture and software design is strongly desired.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
* High level of proficiency in the design development of full stack applications utilizing Microsoft .NET technologies and familiarity with the development of database structures.
* Thorough knowledge of C#.NET, ASP.MVC, and Microsoft Entity Framework, as well as, experience interfacing with one or more databases such as MSSQL, MySQL, or Oracle.
* Knowledge of Java Script, JQuery, CSS/CSS 3.0, and AngularJS.
* Familiarity with large-project development and maintenance.
* Ability to interface with faculty, researchers, administrative staff, as well as technical personnel.
* Thorough knowledge of secure coding practices and the use of encryption technologies.
* Strong customer relation skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
License or certificate:
The successful candidate will work in the Wisconsin Center for Education Research's (WCER) Technical Services
Department and will be responsible for developing and maintaining large and complex applications for education research, management of research personnel data, and research proposal budgeting data. The candidate will act as a consultant to faculty and research staff recommending the appropriate technology, software, and database designs for funded research specific education projects. The candidate will provide software support for Intel platforms on an enterprise-level Windows 2012 network. The candidate will provide this support through direct effort on externally funded initiatives housed at Wisconsin Center for Education Research (WCER).
For more information about WCER go to: http://www.wcer.wisc.edu/
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )
Instructions to applicants:
To apply for this position please upload a cover letter addressed to Jessica Miller, current resume, and a document containing the names and contact information for three professional references.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: May 14 2018 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: Jun 11 2018 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time