Advance Integrations Developer
University Information Systems (UIS) provides technical services and enterprise applications to the University of Colorado campuses and the Office of the President. UIS is committed to excellence in customer service and technical expertise. Through the development of enterprise applications, UIS supports the University as a whole with systems used by students, faculty, human resources employees, finance employees, and others.
This position exists to provide technical support and software development in the area of integration of university enterprise systems, emphasizing the integration of Ellucian Advance with other systems. The position is tasked with requirements gathering, design, and development of integrations using a variety of technologies including both file transfer and message based patterns. This work will integrate Advance with the university's enterprise systems, including PeopleSoft systems, Salesforce.com CRM, Siebel MDM, and external data providers and consumers.
This position has the ability to work from home, which must be within a 90 minute commuting distance, on some days and work at the office the other days. There is also a potential that this position would need to work after hours and/or on-call, if a production issue arises, but this is not an often occurrence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Systems Analysis and Design: Work with a Business Analyst and Integrations Architect to design technical solutions to fulfill systems integrations needs, including writing technical specifications. Create technical documentation (15%)
- Communicate and collaborate with business liaisons, senior developers, architectural staff and project leadership to clarify requirements, resolve issues, implement technical solutions and provide support on interface projects. Provide updates on project process and outstanding issues (25%)
- Program coding, testing, production implementation. Write new or modify existing programs using a variety of computer languages and technologies on a variety of operating system platforms. Confirm accuracy of software by testing new and modified applications, and by coordinating end user system testing (40%)
- Provide operational support for integrations after production implementation (10%)
- Continuing professional development (10%)
Who we are: System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with an office in Broomfield and a few smaller offices located on the campuses. However, this position is located in Denver. Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty.
What we offer: Salary is competitive and commensurate with skills and experience.
Benefits: The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Disability, Vision, Life and Wellness
- Retirement: 10% Employer Match
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Benefit
- ECO Pass
For more information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/.
- Master's degree from an accredited institution in computer science, information systems, or other IT related field
- Three (3) or more years of experience as a Software Engineer or related field which must include two (2) or more years of experience working in integrations development, working with a variety of system or data integrations across enterprise systems including:
- The XML markup language: XML, XML Schema, XPath, and XSLT or XQuery.
- Hands-on development of SOAP and/or REST Web Services.
- PeopleSoft Integration Broker, App Package PeopleCode, Component Interfaces, PeopleCode Tracing, Debugging, Log File reviews, Tree Manager, Data Mover, PSQuery and SQR
- PeopleTools 8.49 or newer
- Data conversions and integrations including PeopleSoft and non-PeopleSoft source and target systems
- Oracle SQL, including experience with query tuning and PL/SQL stored procedures.
- Experience must also include having participated in at least one (1) project for each of the following areas:
- Analysis and identification of business processes and system issues
- Creation of a technical design documentation which address the needs of the customer
- Building and maintaining PeopleSoft integrations with external systems leveraging standard protocols
- Direct liaison responsibilities with Business Analysts, Developers, Architects, and Customers
Special Instructions to Applicants:For full consideration completed applications must be submitted by June 19, 2018. Reference checking is a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including email addresses, for up to five references as part of the search process for this position. *Please note: All application materials must be submitted through CU Careers; emailed materials will not be considered.*
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires a verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:You must attach a cover letter, resume, and references to your application as three separate documents. Please identify the job specific minimum qualifications you possess in your cover letter. Also, ensure you check the "Job Specific Attachments" box next the each document on the "Required Documents" page of the application for the appropriate documents to be attached.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Denver
Department: S0001 -- System Administration - 50119 - University Information Systems
Posting Date: May 13, 2018
Closing Date: Jun 19, 2018, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: System HR
Posting Contact Email: SystemHR@cu.edu
Position Number: 00690407